“Outstanding pizza for lunch!”

Roma Old Town Wood-Fired Pizzeria
Ranked #3 of 303 Restaurants in Winchester
Price range: US$9 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 12 September 2017

My husband & I were visiting from out of town on vacation, and were looking for a brewery. We found the one located on the second story from this pizzeria. Once there, they told us we could order food from the downstairs pizzeria and it would be brought up. It was late lunch, so I ordered a small MD Crab Pie with a white sauce, crab, spinach, roasted red peppers, and mozzarella....all of my favorite things, but on a pizza! I was very intrigued. Not having been here before, and being seated by the smelly dirty dishes at the brewery bar, I thought it was either going to be really good, or I was going to have food poisoning. OMG, it was delicious! My husband doesn't really like crab and he loved it. He ordered a small Neapolitan with garlic, tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil. The ingredients were fresh, and the crust was perfectly cooked. Wood-fired pizza is sooo much better than oven baked. He ate all of his pizza, and I ate half of mine. We were both stuffed, and would normally have just split one (the Neapolitan was the backup in case I didn't like the crab). We were so impressed with the pizza he ordered a small Trifecta to go so we could have dinner later. I highly recommend going here, especially if you like wood-fired pizza.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

Nine hours into the drive from Nashville to NYC, we needed to eat. More importantly, we needed to feed the kids and get them ready to fall asleep in the car. We could not have been luckier in finding Roma Old Town Wood-Fired Pizzeria.
Towing two kids through a lovely promenade, the folks eating in sidewalk cafes and generally out for a stroll seemed friendly and looked like they were having a good time. Now, anyone with kids under 5 years old knows that your food choices aren't the most broad. Kids are generally not going to go HAM on a well spiced Lamb Rogan Josh or a steak au poivre. But pizza-and-pasta-with-red-sauce is a slam dunk.
The minute we walked in the door the hostess and waitress knew exactly what was up. The waitress asked where we were on our way to ("I know the regulars") and empathized with stories of recent long road trips with kids. Quick with service and attentive, she was super friendly to the kiddos. Juice with lids and straws came over as well as a few Diet Cokes—we needed the caffeine.
Dinner was yummy and, as is expected, the kids got covered in red sauce. Throughout dinner, we were checked on regularly. The conversation found in the title of this review happened with my little one and he was super delighted. We cleaned up the kids and were in and out at the exact speed we wanted to be. They didn't hurry us out nor were we ever waiting for the check or anything. Walking back to the car, my oldest said he wanted to go back there the next day. Sorry kiddo, that's a 5 hour drive and while nice, we can get this stuff closer to home.
I wish that I didn't have to drive a bunch immediately; I would have spent more time with the beer selection. If we're ever on 81 in VA again, I think I'd definitely stop in Winchester and end up back at Roma.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Five star quality food. Service was excellent with great care to ensure satisfaction. The ambience was great with great views of the lake.

Overall, a noteworthy experience.

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

I can only speak about the pizza, which is spectacular. We got a pie this trip at the brewery upstairs after smelling the goodness last year but having eaten already. We had the Trifecta, a perfect blend of flavors on a thin crust.

The restaurant is usually packed. We squeeze by to the stairs up to the brewery. The outdoor seating was full as well last weekend. The atmosphere is boisterous and friendly with a lot of families mixed with couples and groups of friends out for a good time.

I found it interesting that several locals recommended Roma and after being told we had pizza upstairs suggested we go back to order from the full menu in the dining room. That we will.

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Family restaurant with friendly staff, also has outside seating. Delicious salads but cheese steak was amazing, fries $1 extra. Worth it.