“Excellent Tacos & Enchiladas”

Delicias Mexicanas Cafe
Ranked #104 of 324 Restaurants in Winchester
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

We have heard of this place from quite a few friends but had never stopped in. We decided to give it a try.

I have to say, the tacos & enchiladas verde were great! Even with a green sauce which most places have as mild, it had a pepper kick. Really good. We will definitely be back!

We got our food to go, but there are tables for eating there as well.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

We had tacos and tamales. The chicken tacos were excellent, but the steak was a little dry. The tamales were out of this world! Definitely will be coming back.

Reviewed 29 May 2016 via mobile

Total gem for very authentic Mexican eats. No frills here but tacos are some of the best I've had and they make the corn tortillas right there and then; no prepackaged nonsense here. Just real down home Mexican cooking. Flavorful meats and you must try the lengua (cow tongue) is out of this world flavorful, moist, and delicious! Cheers!

1  Thank francissteez
Reviewed 3 December 2015 via mobile

Don't be scared off by the fact that Delicias Mexicanas Cafe is attached to a gas station. What this little gem lacks in decor, it makes up for in authentic cuisine. The menu is small and is mainly ala carte, but the food is delicious and the home made salsas are great!

2  Thank Brian J
Reviewed 30 November 2015

I almost hate to share this one as this is a very small place and can sit maybe 15-20 at most. My daughter and I waited for a table to empty at 3PM today, a Sunday. The food is exceptional. Sopa de Mariscos, seafood soup, was staggering (weekends only). It was so good I took one home and ate it for dinner just now and it prompted me to write this review. Many tables around us were enjoying the menudo soup. It also looked excellent and will be the next I try. We had tacos as well and they were excellent. By that I mean like staggering out of your hotel in anycity, Mexico, at midnight in search of some great chow and finding the local taco master at work on a street corner with a buzz and crowd around the cart, good. Al pastor was best but pollo asado and beef were outstanding as well. Had some chips and salsa for the first time here today. Chips were fresh fried and outstanding, salsa was good, bit of heat. Green and red hot sauces accompanied our food and were outstanding both. Surreal setting in that this place is in a small building at an Exxon station along with the quick mart gas place and a Salvadoran restaurant I have yet to try. The setting kept me from trying this place for a few years. For that I am deeply sorry as I endured much crap food locally in that time, unaware of the delights being carefully produced right here, by very diligent and talented women behind a counter where you can watch it all happen. There are a few good places for real Mexican food in the Winchester area now, but if you want to feel like you got off a plane a couple days ago way south of here, and have just dialed in to the best place to grab a bite, stop in at Delicias and enjoy. You won't be disappointed.

4  Thank CreekChiro