“Good pizza but takeout single size too small”

Moon Dog Brick Oven I
Ranked #1 of 29 Restaurants in Wise
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 8 July 2018

Heard about this place for months, so on a trip to Wise I ordered a personal size pizza w toppings for take out. Was something like $12 but was glad to pay extra for decent pizza. 40 minutes seemed like a long wait to pick up and the staff person I dealt with seemed kind of hostile and bored, but again was willing to overlook everything. They handed me my personal size box, and when I opened it up in the car, I was surprised at the size of the pizza. It was HALF the size of the box. I thought the staff was messing with me. So I tried it again a few months later, and same thing: the size of the pizza was about half that of what looks like a normal size personal pizza box.

For what this place is charging, they can't add a little more dough and a few more bits of cheese to make the food fit the box you are handing to people?? Give me a break.

Oh yeah, the pizza was very good. But I wasn't crazy about the rest of the experience.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Pizza was avg, after seeing photos of very little cheese we order extra cheese still was just a sprinkle. Crust was good but very light cheese and the cheese wasn’t melted good. Good but nothing special. Wings was the high light of dinner.

Reviewed 22 May 2018

I've had the subs and they're just OK, but the pizza is what this place does best. Very good thinner crust, with a nice char from the oven. The individual size is the perfect size where you don't want leftovers.

They were offering a Kentucky Whisky Bourbon Ale that was really good. Never had that before and would definitely order it again.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Not bad... reminds me of a Pizza Hut without the salad bar. Not so great 1st impression as there were 4 employees and all of them were quiet and looked kinda down, not happy to be there. Place was clean. Can eat outside on a covered patio which was a plus depending on weather. A little on the pricier side for the quality of pizza, rather average in my opinion. Good wings. One big turn off was that nearly everything "self serve"... get ur own drinks, plates, silverware. Wasn't told about self serve when ordering or where to get the items though not hard to figure out. They served the food.

This was actually our 2nd visit over 2 months as our first visit was strangely similar. Maybe ok for people close by like the college students. I like to support local businesses but probably won't be back

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Genuinely delicious. Everything I've had is amazing. From pasta to subs to pizza, nothing disappoints.