“Humble restaurant, best tacos al pastor- PERIOD!”
Review of Ricos Tacos Moya

Ricos Tacos Moya
Ranked #87 of 329 Restaurants in Woodbridge
Reviewed 18 November 2015

For many weeks I drove past Rico's Tacos Moya. It wasn't until my sudden addiction to tacos that I braved a stop in. Rico's is on Southbound Route 1 in a sketchy area of Woodbridge. Please don't let the neighborhood nor loitering day-laborers deter you-- the food is worth it!

Step into Rico's and you're immediately immersed in your own Mexico. The dark wooden tables, the Mexican country music... it's all yours. Their menu encompasses all manner of Mexican cuisine, but the real takeaway here is the taco!

Your tastes may be different, but I'm in love with their Tacos Al Pastor. Truly the best I've had anywhere. Marinated bits of pork, cilantro, and a seasoned tortilla all amount to the best lunch decision I'll make; and all at $2.50 a pop.

If you're in the area and even simply "like" Mexican food or tacos, you owe it to yourself to give this place a shot.

Date of visit: November 2015

Reviewed 13 September 2015

This small, family owned (two brothers I think) chain in Virginia is simply one of my favorite places to eat. They have fantastic chili relleno, excellent salsa, and fair prices. This isn't the cheapest Latino food you'll find, but it is probably some of the best. One of my favorite things to get while here, is called Micheladas (beer with salt/chili on rim, like a Margarita). You've got to try it, at least once.

Overall, the staff is friendly, the food is good, they have music (sometimes even live), and while the location isn't exactly ideal, it is worth the trip every time. Highly recommended!

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed 4 September 2015 via mobile

I might be biased, born and bred south Texan, but $72 for Mexican food, In a hole in the wall place is insane. My whole life living in South TX I HAVE NEVER in my life spent that much for Mexican food. That's what we live on too! I ordered a total of 6 tacos. In TX we would call them mini tacos. In TX, when you order a plate of mini tacos you get 5 tacos(your choice of meats) and a cup of charro beans for $5.00!!! Here we ordered everything separate. It was good, but not no where $72 dollars good! So here's what we ordered;
2 beers
6 tacos total
1 order of beans and rice
1 bowl of menudo
2 children's plate
Then they charged us an automatic grat. There was 2 adults and 2 children under the age of 5!!!Who does that?!?!?
We really loved their tacos, but seriously, they lost their dang minds!!! Also, rice is mediocre, and the beans needed some help. Like I said, born and bred South Texan, I'm spoiled, and I make this better at home.

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed 18 July 2015

A little rough looking but the food was good. We were the only Americans in the place while we were there but the staff was very friendly and attentive to our needs. The food is actually more Salvadoran than Mexican. It is authentic tasting and very good. For the more adventurous I recommend this place.The guacamole some of the best I have ever had. The salsa was very good also.My only complaint was my enchiladas had beef that was a little over cooked but it was very tasty nonetheless. The Rice was also some of the best I have had in a while. Everyone else in our party of four was very satisfied with their meals.

Date of visit: July 2015
Reviewed 19 October 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I have passed this restaurant many times and finally decided to stop by. We were VERY glad we did! Don't let the exterior fool you! Inside the atmosphere is like being in Mexico! The service was great and the food was wonderful! They serve some tasty sauces with your food! We had tacos and enchiladas... We will be back! Also had my first beer cocktail known as a mechelada... Yummy... Like a beer margarita! We are glad we stopped and will definitely be back!!!

Date of visit: October 2014