“Just at good here as at their other locations”
Review of The Birch Door

The Birch Door
Ranked #38 of 461 Restaurants in Bellingham
Reviewed 12 October 2017

My wife and I, along with her son, his wife and their son had breakfast at this new restaurant in Bellingham, WA. They have recently opened this one and are still decorating. The menu is slightly different for each location but as always, good to the last bite! My wife had biscuits and gravy (one of her favorites) and I had quiche and potatoes. The other enjoyed their food but we didn't take pictures of them. We will be back! I believe the owner hand made some of the tables and dividers.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Clean, great service and QUALITY food. I could go on and on about how wonderful their food is because I've been many times and it has always been consistently good!

To start, the best coffee, seriously, with REAL cream in a small pitcher. I've had their regular and buckwheat pancakes with bacon. The pancakes are seriously the best you can find in Bellingham, and they use quality bacon that is so good.

They have an apple pancake bigger than your head...I've not had it, but other folks I know did when they went...said it was unbelievably good and a lot to share with four!

I've had their perfectly cooked eggs and egg entrees and they are done right.

This is THE BEST breakfast, with quality food that I've experienced in Bellingham.

I highly recommend this for your next breakfast stop...you will NOT be disappointed in anything on their menu.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Bellingham has a lot of breakfast restaurants and I had one in particular that was my staple. I was skeptical of the Birch Door because I feel like good breakfast restaurants are hard to come by (that are not a greasy spoon type diner). After going to the Birch Door for the first time, it has become my new breakfast staple! I have been four times now and have tried something different each time. They have amazing food and a creative menu. The service is very good and customer service is top notch. They want to make sure your meal is perfect and if not, they will fix it. Definitely my new favorite breakfast spot in Bellingham.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

I've eaten at the Birch Door twice now, the food is good but the service can be slow. It may be because the restaurant is still working out all the kinks so I'll reserve judgement and try again in a few months. I really enjoyed the Mexican omelet and the country fried potatoes were a nice accompaniment. The omelets are finished in the oven, which makes them extra fluffy.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

After living in Bellingham for 20 years finally find a place to write about locally! We have been to the Birch Door twice and can say they are consistent both times. They make the all American breakfast, eggs + bacon + pancakes, stand out from other restaurants all because of quality. Eggs are done perfectly, lean thick bacon again done perfectly, best pancakes ever served with real butter. French toast made with sourdough bread was good too. Appreciate they use real cream for your coffee instead of little packaged half and half. Orange juice taste like fresh squeezed. Service is good.

They open from 7am to 3pm.

Everyone we talked to recommend the Apple pancake, have to try that next time.

If I have to nick pick, it would be the decor. There are some French country, some modern lighting and all different color wood furniture. It's not a big deal but could improve the whole dining experience.

Would highly recommend this restaurant.