“Great new addition to the area!”
Review of The Cottage

The Cottage
Ranked #24 of 206 Restaurants in Bothell
Reviewed 26 March 2018

Downtown Bothell is such an up and coming place. The Cottage first started as a coffee bar with some adult libations. But has now evolved into a place to go for just coffee, breakfast, lunch, dinner, and evening cocktails. Parking is never a problem. There is a lot out front, also street parking, and another retail garage within walking distance. My husband and I have been here twice now for lunch. The prices are very reasonable. A sandwich with a side of salad or soup costs $12 for a whole or $9 for a half. Our sandwich of choice both times has been the pesto chicken. I find the half sandwich with a salad to be the perfect amount of food. I also ordered a cortado and my husband ordered an Americano. The quality of the coffee is good, but not the best we’ve ever had. The service is very friendly but it does take a bit for the food and drinks to come out. That is why I graded the service as average. I’m sure some kinks are still being worked out. So that definitely is not going to deter me from coming again in the future! I am very interested in trying out their cocktails and evening menu!

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

Highly recommend. Great atmosphere. Really good food and service. Relaxed, casual and bright during the day and elegant in the evening.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

We visited The Cottage Restaurant for the 1st time. Pleasantly surprised to find they had a good gluten-free menue.
We had the French Onion Soup. It's been a long while since we have found one. Very good.
We split an order of C Re ab Cakes. Good sized and very tasty.
It is small & intimate. They have a nice fireplace, bar area and entertainment.
I would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 6 November 2017

After continually driving by this little shop on the corner I woke up on a Sunday deciding to give it a try. First, the decor is very beautiful and lovely. Though the white tables around the cafe give it a bit cold of a feeling. There is a little area with a fireplace and high back chairs but the way it it set up makes it truly for only three people and not the eight that they have crammed in there. For example, this morning there was a family if three in there (small toddler) and truly because the child was climbing on all the available chairs and the family had spilled their coffees it more or less wrecked the entire space. With that being said, we took a regular table in the front. My partner does not drink coffee and as such we had to ask if there was tea. They do offer tea but it is not listed on the menu. We asked for soy and were told they did not offer that but did offer almond. Again this is also not listed on the menu. The menu is rather small and basic so one asks to custom create their drink each time they come in if they want something different than just espresso, etc. I do believe they offer a limited breakfast but the offerings are not on the menu and we were told breakfast did not start until 9am. I had an americano which tasted more like a latte. With all of that being said, with so much competition in the area, we may or may not return.

Reviewed 3 November 2017

Been to Cottage twice - once in the morning for coffee and a pastry (very good pastries). Another time for happy hour - had a great cocktail and shared a charcuterie board and spinach salad. It was very good. It has a great décor - and they had a couple of musicians playing Friday night. I will be back.

Been to The Cottage? Share your experiences!