“Gem of a Find! ”
Review of The Cottage

The Cottage
Ranked #22 of 210 Restaurants in Bothell
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

Stopped in for a cappuccino and ended up having frittatas with fruit and a pastry. Excellent food and outstanding service! We will come back with friends next time. A gem of a find!

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 19 June 2018

I had one totally delicious meal (lunch) at The Cottage, and one that was so-so. I will go one more time to see which way it goes.

The first lunch I had quiche--utterly delicious--and a wonderful salad. It was perfect! We had a waitress who was attentive, and we were even comped on a coffee that had been sitting too long on the counter before the server noticed it was ready to be delivered table-side.

The second lunch visit, I had hoped to order the chicken-salad sandwich, which a friend had told me was scrumptious. However, it wasn't even on the 'new' menu! So I ordered the root-vegetable stew, which was OK (a bit bland but tasty enough), but not heated through. But no wait staff came to ask 'how is everything,' and even the quiche that one of my companions ordered didn't look nearly as appetizing as the one I had enjoyed several weeks earlier. We all (three of us) drained our water glasses by mid-lunch, but no one refilled them and no one seemed to care in the least if we liked our food.

Good table-side service is important. I hope The Cottage will get its act together, and that it will consistently offer its best recipes--put its "best food forward," in other words.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 26 March 2018

Downtown Bothell is such an up and coming place. The Cottage first started as a coffee bar with some adult libations. But has now evolved into a place to go for just coffee, breakfast, lunch, dinner, and evening cocktails. Parking is never a problem. There is a lot out front, also street parking, and another retail garage within walking distance. My husband and I have been here twice now for lunch. The prices are very reasonable. A sandwich with a side of salad or soup costs $12 for a whole or $9 for a half. Our sandwich of choice both times has been the pesto chicken. I find the half sandwich with a salad to be the perfect amount of food. I also ordered a cortado and my husband ordered an Americano. The quality of the coffee is good, but not the best we’ve ever had. The service is very friendly but it does take a bit for the food and drinks to come out. That is why I graded the service as average. I’m sure some kinks are still being worked out. So that definitely is not going to deter me from coming again in the future! I am very interested in trying out their cocktails and evening menu!

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

Highly recommend. Great atmosphere. Really good food and service. Relaxed, casual and bright during the day and elegant in the evening.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

We visited The Cottage Restaurant for the 1st time. Pleasantly surprised to find they had a good gluten-free menue.
We had the French Onion Soup. It's been a long while since we have found one. Very good.
We split an order of C Re ab Cakes. Good sized and very tasty.
It is small & intimate. They have a nice fireplace, bar area and entertainment.
I would recommend this restaurant.

Date of visit: January 2018

Been to The Cottage? Share your experiences!