“Friendly Staff, Marginal Room”

Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bothell - Canyon Park
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Bothell
Reviewed 3 August 2016

I was staying in this hotel for four nights during a move transition. I chose it because I had stayed in one in another city which was quite nice and because they are pet friendly.

The staff was exceedingly friendly and helpful especially given that they seemed chronically understaffed. It was a very full hotel with only one person at the desk for my entire stay. So I have to sing praises for the staff.

The room was a bit on the older shabby side and much smaller than what I expected. The kitchenette is not stocked so you have to track down your dishes, coffee maker, utensils, etc. and with only one poor soul manning the desk this was challenging. There were also no linens or blankets for the hide a bed so those had to be tracked down as well.

When I first checked in, the shabbiness of the room, combined with trying to run down all of the things you would expect to find in the room, had me thinking I would find another place and check out the next day. But, I decided to stay so the animals wouldn't have to go through another disruption and my final overall feeling is that it was okay--primarily because the staff was trying so hard. A definite "no-frills" kind of place, but not without merit.

Room Tip: Even if you are only a single or a couple, get a double room!
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bothell - Canyon Park, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2016

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your stay. Thank you for being so patient with our staff. I will make sure our front desk is better manned in order to assist guests. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.

Reviewed 22 July 2016

At ~10 pm we realized that the sofa bed had no sheets and pillows (we are a family of four and the room had a queen bed and a pull out couch), so I went to the reception to get some, only to find two other families already waiting for 20 min the night attendant who was nowhere to be found. We waited some more, and only after calling the corporate number for Extended Stay the attended showed up, >more than 30 min of total wait time.
We got the bedding, but they didn't have any extra pillows, so we needed to get a pillow from the queen bed.
When we started to make the sofa bed, we noticed that he mattress was upside down (springs up, cushion down), and when we flipped it correctly, we noticed a decent size red stain that looked like wine or blood (not sure) ... which explains why the mattress was flipped over in the first place.
Overall, it was a very poor experience.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2016 via mobile

My husband & I along with my 18 year old daughter were here for 5 night. Horrible experience! The room is not large enough to accomodate 3 people comfortably. We had to rearrange the room just to get some space for our luggage! The room smelled musky, bed was horribly uncomfortable & the pull put was horrendous! My daughter opted to close the pull out & just sleep on the "couch." You have to request kitchen supplies & they are awful. Upon arrival, we found two towels in the room. When I requested additional towels I was asked how many people were in my room. I replied 3 & was told that I could only have one more towel as they were only allowed to give out one towel per person in the room. Now mind you, the towels don't cover even the smallest sized person & are similiar to drying off with a brillo pad!!! Also upon arrival, we had no bed linens or blankets for the pull out. When we requested them, we were told we would have to wait about an hour for them to finish being washed & dried. It was late & we'd been traveling! Lastly, we found 3 pillows in our room. My husband & I each sleep with 2 & my daughter 1-2. When we asked for extra pillows we were told they were on back order!! Oh, and the breakfast consists of granola bars & muffins. We travel a great bit & never have I experienced such a horrible hotel experience! If you're looking for a cheap place to stay & don't care about much other than that, this is your place. I will never stay at an Extended Stay again. This place left a very bad impression on me!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2016

The check-in took way too long after a long flight in. The room wasn't set up for the maximum number of occupants so we had to call down to the front desk for linens and extra towels. She took about 30 minutes to get to our room. The room was cramped for 5 of us. The bedding and decor need updating. The "Grab and Go" breakfast left a lot to be desired!! Granola bars and packaged muffins!! Not our idea of a good breakfast. Not the worst hotel we have stayed in but definitely no the best!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bothell - Canyon Park, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2016

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I'm sorry to hear that your room was not comfortable for your party of five. The least we could have done was ensure your check-in experience was more expedient and extra linens were readily available upon your request. Please accept my apologies that neither of these occurred. Your comments were shared and reviewed with the staff. Your feedback provided us areas we can improve upon to ensure your experience is not repeated. We are disappointed to read that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectation. Your comments will be useful as we continue to improve our breakfast offering. We hope that despite the experience you had, you will consider Extended Stay America again in the future.

Reviewed 11 June 2016

I'm really reaching to find something good to say about this place. I applaud them for putting a bed in a room and renting it to people. Seriously, this place was pretty bad. They were almost sold out and all I could get was a smoking room, but that's my bad for waiting so long. It was awful, and not because of the cigarette smell (which was powerful). This is the worst value of any hotel I have ever stayed in. I paid $170 a night to stay in this heap. There is no housekeeping. While I stayed there, they never cleaned or replaced towels. You have to get more towels from the front desk. They claim to have free wifi, but it is completely unusable. I couldn't even use google maps. They have a "free breakfast" which is some cheap granola bars thrown in a bowl and a rack of instant oatmeal packets. The room was dirty. Not only stains all over the carpet, but smears of food on the phone and office chair that would have been easy to wipe off. Only 1 outlet at the desk. The bathroom had a panel wall with a sliding door, like a travel trailer. The bed was hard. The fridge door swung the wrong way and opened opposite a wall, without enough space to stand in front of it. All around, the worst hotel I've stayed in in the USA. Won't be back. I would have felt offended paying $50 for this room, much less $170. Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else, even if you have to drive an extra hour.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Travellers also viewed these Bothell hotels
Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bothell - West
3.1 km away
Red Lion Inn & Suites Bothell
Comfort Inn & Suites Bothell - Seattle North
0.7 km away
Holiday Inn Express Bothell-Canyon Park (I-405)
0.5 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Bothell, WA
3.8 km away
Residence Inn Seattle Northeast/Bothell

Been to Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bothell - Canyon Park? Share your experiences!