“It Was a Chicken Place”

Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen
Ranked #58 of 86 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: Fast food
Reviewed 24 May 2016

I'm not a big fried chicken fan, but the kids love it. This was my first visit to a Popeyes, and there were a few different options to try. The food was fine, and the young staff were entertaining. The dining area could have used a little cleaning up, but it was okay.

Reviewed 17 January 2016

Well, if there ever can be an opposite, our visit was it; compared to the negative reports previously posted..First visit and first impressions! Several orders ahead of us---friendly and prompt service---orders out in sequence and we ordered a Family package to go---1/2 & 1/2 mild and spicy---12 pieces, two large sides (O-rings and coleslaw) 6 bisquits.....
service was prompt---hot---properly packaged and bagged---suggestion is
you should pickup your napkins before you go as none were in the bag---no biggie.
Wings, drummies,breasts, and one thigh---Mild is mild and spicy is perhaps a 1-2 star rating---bisquits are excellent compared to other competitor products---
Grab your whipped butter, honey, Cajun spices, and sporks before leaving....
The cole slaw has a unique vinegary taste that is mild but tasty with good carrot infusion---not too drippy either---The O-rings were average but palatable/ acceptable.

All items traveled well to our motel for game day snacks---Packers and Patriots???
One observation is that the batter though light tends to be a bit much, but does not
stop the flavor. We would go back...

Reviewed 8 September 2015

Decided to try Popeye's chicken,in Burlington, Wa.

After a long day's driving wife & I were hungry, we've both never been to Popeye's before, So we each ordered a Spicy 3 piece meal with Coleslaw. After placing me order we had to wait 15 minutes for our number to be called and were then told it would be another 10 minutes for Spicy chicken, yet there was clearly some spicy chicken sitting in the tray behind the counter under the heat lamps. The worker then asked if I wanted mild instead, so I said not what about the chicken over there is that not spicy, he says yes but it's only thighs and not wings and a drumstick, they have to cook more. seems they give preference to those in the drive thru. anyhow I said whatever for mild chicken and they gave us an extra drumstick so now its a 4 piece for price of 3. Anyhow I found their chicken to be bland and the meal consisted only of dark meat, seems white meat like chicken breast doesn't exist at Popeye's. Then when I bit into the thigh a whole bunch of hot grease just squirted all over my face. I didn't like that either, greasy chicken. The biscuits were yummy, the coleslaw I didn't like that much and only ate about half of it as for the wife she liked the coleslaw, but pieces of her chicken she just ripped the meat of and put in the empty coleslaw container and she fed it to our dog sitting in the truck. Dog liked the chicken with no batter.

Reviewed 25 July 2015

Since the last visit things really went down hill. We stopped for lunch my wife put
our order in and they told her they had to cook the wings as they were out.. After
10 minutes I went to check on our order and was told they do not have "mild chicken"
cooked and would be 11 more minutes, no mention of the wings. After another 10 minutes we checked and they acted as though they did not know what happened.
We asked for our money back and left. We will not be going back soon.
Too bad I really liked their chicken.

Reviewed 6 March 2015

OMG, such bad service. We were in there in the evening, and there appeared to be no senior manager and the girl behind the counter was cat calling to her friends and then whinning when she didnt get off early. She gave my food to her friends and then gave me the wrong order and told me if I didn't like it I could wait another ten minutes for what I really ordered to come out. There was a $2 difference, and I overpaid. All the people in the room were upset, as they were not getting complete orders, had to ask for things, like their biscuits or their fries and the service was slow... and still didnt get the orders right. It should be shut down for health violations and they served something that was wrong, gave it to the customer and then asked for it back when it was corrected... so does that mean my food was already in someone else's hands and returned? We filled out the customer survey on the back of the receipt to tell them and got a free chicken offer, so we went back to redeem. The tall skinny african american teenager that we had had the previous night was on again, and this time we left. We turned down a free meal so we didnt have to eat there, with her on staff again. OMG! Run!!