Camano Island Inn(Camano Island)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 July 2015

We were regulars coming to this park every summer for the last 7 years and have watched management run the park into the ground. This trip was the last straw and not only did we leave this campsite for good but so did 3 other families that we know of. This is not a "resort" by any stretch of the imagination. The owner is too cheap to invest any money into what could potentially be a beautiful campsite. The lakefront sites are so small you are practically on top of your neighbor, electrical cuts out due to mickey mouse wiring so you have to keep going to the breaker box to flip the switch, the dock has loose, uneven boards which pose a huge liability hazard should someone fall through, the bathrooms and shower facilities are filthy, toilets running over, used feminine hygene napkins left for days, the maintenance guys are so lazy and do NOTHING but ride around at top speed on a gator, the girl at the front desk is extremely rude and not helpful at all. This is turning more into a welfare park for permanent residents and I no longer feel safe letting my kids run around. The campers this year cleaned and raked the ENTIRE beach of all the firework debris...the maintenance guys did nothing...the piles were left on the beach for days before being picked up and the dumpsters were overflowing with stinking garbage. My vacation this year was completely ruined as the reservation I had booked on January 1st was not honored when we arrived, we had to move our 34 foot trailer 3 times in 4 days...until we got our lakefront site which we had originally booked in for a month but with all the drama and backlash that ensued, we ended our vacation early and left for good.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
5  Thank unsatisfied424
Management response:Responded 2 June 2017

Apologies for extended delay in responding. Lake Goodwin Resort is under new management and we want to take the opportunity to acknowledge all past reviews of our park. Thank you so much for your review.
On behalf of new management/owners we would like to offer an apology for your negative stay. At this time we are striving to make Lake Goodwin Resort a place to come for families to get away. We are a smaller 'vintage' type resort and while we may not have some the higher end amenities, we are working towards creating a family friendly place to camp & swim.

Reviewed 12 July 2015

We will never return to Lake Goodwin RV Park until it gets much need upgrades to the sites, electrical, ground crew and management.
Reservations were all messed up. We were supposed to be on a beach front site and our site location was not ready because of a fifth wheel that had no truck to move it that was smelling of cat, dog and human waste so they got to stay and we had to move our travel trailer three times in four days.
Day 1: We were moved to a site with bad electrical and the breaker would pop with we ran our AC unit and in 90 degree days it’s needed.
Day 2: We got moved to a site with no sewer hookup and bad electrical so could run the AC again.
Day 5: We finally got to move to a beach front site and the sites were made for small travel trailers with no tip outs and 20 feet long or shorter.

Restrooms are very dirty, toilets and showers were not healthy or kept up. (This was the nice way to put it) It took the ground crew 3 days to pick up the piles of fireworks that my mother in law and daughter picked up for two hours. Another family raked the sand and all the ground crew had to do was pick it up with the tractor. Front office staff and stupid and the blonde girl could find nose on her face let alone find a reservation. Head of the ground crew was never around to clean or fix anything watched him move two buckets of sand in the 11 days we were there. (Very lazy)

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank hujo2015
Reviewed 8 June 2015

The photos are of the correct RV park. It has seen little to no maintenance in recent years and is falling apart. Campers often have to repair their own utilities to camp here. I actually fell in a 8 inch deep hole at my camp site on Labor Day 2015 and received a hug bruise on my rump and considerable pain. I showed the office a picture of my rear end and got absolutely no response. If my sister didn't know the owners I would have them in court on a personal injury claim. It still hurts.

Room Tip: This is not a hotel it is a campground with camping cabins and RV/tent sites.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Howard K
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We stayed two nights and had a blast. Everyone (including the staff and other campers) was friendly. Space is tight and some may find it suffocating however we enjoyed our time there. The Beach was only a few steps away and adults are allowed to enjoy adult beverages there. Nice open shallow swimming area however its no white sand beach. The kids will get dirty. If you're bringing a boat, bring a couple anchors so you don't have to try and tie up at the dock which is in rather shallow water. Jet skis and small jet boats do fine there. It was $40 dollars a night for a site with water and power which I thought was a bit steep considering its not the best looking place around but I try to keep an open mind. Great location for fun.

People who have given this place poor reviews probably dont realize that "RV Parks" or "Campgrounds" typically are not synonymous with words like quiet or private. Get over yourself.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank americanmcss
Reviewed 18 July 2014

My sister got a site here for my nephew's birthday. We drove in Friday and were greeted by very rude staff, I explained we were there to meet my sister and the lady was like I think they already have 2 tents on that site, she's only allowed 2 tents. I tell her, I'm just getting here I havn't even talked to my sister. She stares at me like I'm a moron and then is like you can park over there to the left. There's no markings or anything to tell you where camp site numbers are or anything. I get to my sisters site and I wouldn't even conisder a site, more like 6 groups of people crammed into an area for 2 groups. When I tried to set up our 2nd tent then the neighbors started complaining about how close we were, like it was our fault. My sister went to the office to get a patking pass for me which the staff told her was included. They then proceeded to tell her she needed to pay 25$ for a second tent! They didn't even care that they told her different two different things even told me her site included 2 tents and then charged her. My sister was upset and asked for a comment card or a way to leave feedback and the lady told her she could write something on a piece of paper. The only positive was all the firworks on the lake and that didn't even have anything to do with the resort. They need to work on their customer service skills and develope better camp sites. Felt like a cross between tent city and a trailer park.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family