“Wonderful little cafe with outside seating.”
Review of Cama Beach Cafe

Cama Beach Cafe
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Overlooking Puget Sound, Whidbey Island and Cama Beach, our cafe offers breakfast served all day, lunch and special dinners on the first and third Fridays of each month.
Reviewed 23 August 2016

We were exploring Camano Island and stumbled upon this little jewel. Food tasted very homemade and was delicious. Husband had omelet with red fried potatoes.
I had a turkey pesto sandwich and the ciabatta tasted like homemade bread.
Fresh local eggs and organic greens for the salad.

Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

This little place inside the national park is always busy as it also services the 40 some cabins on the beach! We had the paleo salad with a side of chili and the reuben sandwich! Both hit the spot! They also serve wine, beer and ciders!
If you are gluten free you must try the brownie!

2  Thank Jeff W
Reviewed 29 July 2016

Having recently gone twice & having 2 different selections for BF my review will cover only those since other reviewers have covered some of the pros & cons. To start with the positives: they serve GREAT coffee & whatever jam 'of the day' is homemade. My first trip I had the Swedish pancakes. Since these are pretty tricky you don't see them on menus often. Unfortunately, they are quite rubbery. Also, they are served on a plate which barely accommodates them which makes it almost impossible to cut & eat w/o spilling off plate. Also, they need to be served on a HOT plate as they were cold before I ate a 1/4 of them. Their fruit plate is awesome. Nice slices of FRESH fruit. MY 2nd trip I had a slice of 3-cheese (local) & chicken quiche...quite tasty but once again....plate needs to be hot if you want your food to be warm until you finish. Since it comes with fruit they need to put the fruit on a 2nd plate. My friend had the '2 eggs anyway' which she always gets because it is bombproof but also agrees that food is cold by the end of the meal. They have great bread for toast. Both mornings have been dreary so unable to eat outside which would have been nice...but then that's the PNW! Since this is quite a drive for most people I think they need to up a few things before I could give them more than 3 stars.

Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

When I first walked in I was pleasantly surprised by the inside. The high beamed ceilings and cozy fire place is beautiful, and creates a perfect breakfast treat! Not to mention the view!! There is also a option for you to sit outside on the deck which I love. Our waitress was very friendly. I will say the wait for my cappuccino was quite long just for a coffee, but worth the wait. The coffee was fantastic! The food also took awhile, but in consideration it was busy the morning we went. The food was great! I had the chef special omelet and my husband had the turkey and pesto sandwich. We will definitely be back! :)

Reviewed 5 June 2016

We live on Camano Island and have eaten at the Cama Beach Cafe many times.

Where to start?

The food is impeccable. Simple, fresh, local, delicately seasoned.
The baked goods - courtesy of amazing baker Donna King - are just ridiculous. Best scones ever!
The service is both professional and personal. Your servers are nice people - and they also know how to take care of you!

Their brunch / breakfast / lunch food is delicious - see my notes above about fresh and local. And if you want a real treat, go visit them for one of their regular "pop-up" dinners. Regularly, for certain holidays, and, I believe, on one Friday a month.

With dishes like Roasted Vegetable Ragu on Papperdelle, Scallop Risotto, ranging from their own inventive takes on classics to standard dishes (e.g. Antipasto Misto and Dry Aged Sirloin Steak), these "pop-up" dinners are a delightful addition to the dinner dining scene here on the island. Service is a little more formal than for brunch, but it's still Camano - there's no pretense here, just great food, wine and solid service.

1  Thank Jeffle