All reviews sunset house willow cottage hot tub orcas island get away covered deck a great stay friday harbor jennifer cabin deer seals sound bay accommodations
Reviewed 22 April 2016

We stayed at the Sunset House in April for three nights, and then extended by a day because we loved it so much. The house was clean, had all the amenities we needed to be comfortable and BBQ looking at the absolutely fantastic view, and was incredibly quiet and private. Spent the evenings birding from the lawn and watching the local seal group hang out in the water. Great place for a quiet romantic getaway, family, or group of a few people. Jennifer and Sandora were so very helpful in booking the cabin, giving us tips about restaurants and things to do, and very accommodating about making changes to the reservation. We look forward to our next stay!

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Jennifer F, Owner at Cabins on the Point, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2016

Thank you for your kind words! It is our greatest pleasure to hear that our special accommodations provide the perfect venue for a magnificent Orcas Island experience.
Happy to know you enjoyed the parade of nature that surrounds the Sunset House. Come back soon to hang out with the whales, seals, otters, eagles, osprey, herons and more as you take in that "absolutely fantastic view"... We all look forward to your return!

Reviewed 19 April 2016

I just returned from SUCH a lovely stay with my husband and two children at Cabins on the Point. We had the most wonderful time in the Willow cottage. Looking out onto that beautiful water each morning from our cozy little spot was heaven. I appreciated how incredibly clean it was as well as all the beautiful details - fresh flowers, cozy bedding, xmas lights in the sun room, etc. There are loads of kayaks and life vests and the kids and I had an amazing morning kayak on the glassy waters just in front of the property. Wonderful spot and really nice people!

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Jennifer F, Owner at Cabins on the Point, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2016

We are so happy to hear that you had a wonderful time in the Willow Cottage with your family. What a glorious spring it has been! It was our supreme pleasure to share this piece of paradise nestled in nature with you. Many families come time and again to make this "cozy little spot" their special getaway place. Come again soon to enjoy that all that Cabins On The Point has to offer...the Kayaks, endless views, flowers and special touches will all be waiting to welcome you!

Reviewed 31 March 2016

My husband and I visited Cabins on the Point for two glorious nights to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. The Heather Cabin, sitting directly on the edge of the water, was wonderful! We enjoyed the loving touches Jennifer included in the cabin...flowers, games, comfy beds, AMAZING views, peaceful and untouched beauty. There is a sweet kitchen to use, a cute "pot bellied" fireplace with firewood available, and a fantastic place to relax and watch the sea or read a good book. The feeling of solitude was so relaxing...no phones or internet. Ahhhh.... The cabin was close to hiking and different little towns on Orcas. It was the perfect spot and we WILL be back!

Room Tip: The Heather Cabin is right on the water with stunning views and sounds of the strait...even from the comfy queen size bed.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Jennifer F, Owner at Cabins on the Point, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2016

It was a pleasure to host your 25th Anniversary celebratory spring stay, Susie! We are happy to hear that our amazing views, peaceful setting, and "special touches" offered the perfect backdrop for your Cabins On The Point stay, immersed in comfort and natural beauty. Thank you for choosing Cabins On The Point and sharing your experience. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 17 February 2016

We booked this room at the last minute and Jennifer, the owner was very friendly and helpful- she provided very helpful tips that saved us time and money on our trip. The house was amazingly clean and beautiful with an amazing view, fireplace and hot tub! We had everything we needed and will definitely come back as this was one of the nicest and most amazing vacation properties we have ever stayed at! Would definitely recommend without hesitation!!! What an amazing Valentines Day weekend! Thanks so much Jennifer!!!

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank travie_b
Jennifer F, Owner at Cabins on the Point, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2016

Thank you for sharing your kind words. We are happy that you found the house, view, fireplace and hot tub all provided the perfect romantic ambiance and setting for an "amazing" celebratory Valentine's weekend stay! Cabins On The Point endeavors to exceed your every expectation... We loved having you as our guest and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 18 January 2016

I needed a quiet, private house to get started on a novel I'm writing, and I chose to return to Sunset House, where my husband and I had stayed on a previous visit. The draw here is the water - and on this trip, glorious Canadian snow-covered mountains - view. It's an incredibly private setting, and the majority of rooms overlook the water.

Travelling alone on this trip, I felt completely safe at Sunset House. It's very comfortable, and because of the purpose of this trip, I only left the house a few times. I like its proximity to the shops in Eastsound, and its access to Moran State Park, where I like to hike.

I needed the Golf Channel on the satellite TV for a work-related project, and was dismayed when I arrived to find it missing. After I explained my problem to Jennifer, who is lovely to deal with from beginning to end, she was able to call the provider and get the channel added to her lineup in time for me. I used to own a vacation rental home in Palm Desert, CA, and, trust me, that is service above and beyond.

Now, if you're looking for a house with all the bells and whistles like a garbage disposal, gas BBQ, walk-in shower, etc., Sunset House is not for you. It is rustic, and perhaps could use some refreshment on things like sheets and towels, and I could have used a salad spinner that works. But the small touches, such as lovely hand lotions, excellent recommendations from Jennifer on where to shop, great outdoor furniture, good WiFi service, and clean windows more than make up for a couple of the things I didn't care for.

As for my writing project, looking back now I feel that there is some "magic" to Sunset House. It's an inspirational setting, and I value my week there. Thank you, Jennifer, and Sunset House!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo

Thank you, Kay, for sharing the "magic" of your recent return stay at the Sunset House! We are happy to hear that the comfort, privacy, and "glorious" views of the house provided the inspirational setting your were seeking to focus on your writing project. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and look forward to your return ... soon!