“Good Closeby Ramen Place in Edmonds!”
Review of Arashi Ramen

Arashi Ramen
Ranked #83 of 143 Restaurants in Edmonds
Reviewed 21 August 2017

I saw this place last month driving by 99 Ranch Market and I wanted to try it next time I was in the area. Today I was able stop by with a friend and try this new ramen place. As someone that has been to many ramen joints around the Seattle area such as Aloha, Santouka, etc., I wanted to try this one out.
The restaurant has maybe 10 or so different ramen options ranging from your typical shio, shoyu and miso ramen broths to spicy miso, veggie, and black garlic ramen. They also have rice bowls and a variety of appetizers to choose from. You can even add an appetizer such as gyoza, karagee, etc. and a salad for a little over $5 with your bowl of ramen.
During my visit I tried the Miso Tonkatsu Ramen (R3) which came with pork belly chashu, beansprouts, green onion, and corn (substituted corn instead of the egg). The flavor of the ramen was good as the broth was rich.

Despite this being a good place, I think I would prefer driving to Aloha or Kizuki for ramen if I was having a ramen craving due to the flavors of the broths at the other locations I frequent when in Seattle. However, if I did not want to drive far and wanted ramen closeby, this would be my go-to place.

Keep in mind that there isn't much seating in this place (there are maybe 10 or so tables in the restaurant so you could be waiting for a bit). There is parking but the restaurant is in the 99 Ranch Market complex with a few other restaurants such as the T&T resturant which attracts a lot of customers and traffic for their dim sum.

1  Thank matt2lee
Reviewed 14 July 2017

Owner/proprietor Ricky Tsang has a hit on his hands, a great/local chain of ramen eateries! There are three locations, one in Tukwila, and our favorite (closest to us) in the Ranch 99 complex on Hwy 99 in Edmonds, between Ranch 99 and TNT Seafood Restaurant.

Finally, a good ramen shop in the North Seattle area! My wife and I have travelled extensively in Japan, and still go there at least once a year, mainly for the food! Of the growing number of Ramen restaurants in the Greater Seattle area, Arashi is our new favorite. Like most of it's competition, Arashi mainly has Tonkotsu-based soups, thicj and thin noodles, optional toppings, a selection of rice bowls, and the best traditional-style Gyoza we've had outside of Japan. Most definitely worth a visit! Super clean dining area, and they serve beer and sake in addition to selected soft drinks. Free parking in the huge parking lot.

Been to Arashi Ramen? Share your experiences!