“Great breakfast food!”

Family Pancake House
Ranked #36 of 136 Restaurants in Edmonds
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Definitely felt like part of the family in this restaurant, while locals are very friendly.
Even better.... the food was cooked non-greasy like most houses, and my buckwheat Pancake was excellent! I had the Crab Benedict.
Although it was busy and had to ask for our server to take our order, quality was not sacrificed...
Wish I lived near this great AM restaurant!

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

Once finally seated, which took nearly 5 minutes as the hostess was paying attention to everything else but the front door.

Once seated got water quickly, but coffee was slow to arrive.

Food was flavorless, even salt and pepper didn't help. Eggs, hashbrowns, biscuits...cardboard would have more flavor.

This place was much better years ago, I would go to Denny's down the road before going here again.

Reviewed 8 May 2017

We eat breakfast here often, and love it. My favorite is the nut and berry waffle with bacon. The rest of my family eats pretty much everything on the breakfast menu. The service is friendly and fast. The downside . . . a cup of coffee with refills is over $2.50, and I usually just want one cup of coffee, so I skip getting it here. The other thing is the greeter/cashier is VERY stringent on the kids menu being for under 10. I have a 9 year old, who will have to order from the main menu in a couple months. I also have a 12 year old, who doesn't eat a ton. So, I'm faced with ordering a waffle for $3.99 or one from the main menu for much more. The waitress will sometimes put the order in as a kids, even though we don't ask for it, so I appreciate that. But if you ask at the front counter, you will be told ONLY under 10. Also, it's a coloring page and my 9 and 12 year old both like to occupy themselves with the activities while waiting. I wish they did under 13, or something more reasonable. Other than this one pet peeve, we always enjoy going to the Family Pancake House.

Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

I like the buttermilk pancakes and the vegetarian omelets. I also like the service.

I think I like this Edmonds Family Pancake House. I do not like the sibling Redmond Family Pancake House. I do not like the strawberry goo they put on some pancakes.

I return to this Edmonds Family Pancake House again and again.

Reviewed 9 March 2017

We had bacon and eggs, hashbrowns, Bacon was crisp, the eggs were scrambled light and fluffy, Hashbrown were lovely not greasy and nicely browned and the toast was also good. The other was a Sirloin burger steak, well down and it was, Eggs were well done as well and the pancakes were really excellent as was the service.