“Dark Bar with a bright patio”
Review of Rory's of Edmonds

Rory's of Edmonds
Ranked #17 of 143 Restaurants in Edmonds
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 29 October 2016

My wife and I met a long lost friend for lunch and sat on the patio since it was a nice day, to have drinks and catch up on memories. When we walked into the place I was struck by the very diffuse lighting and was instantly reminded of any number of dive bars I have been to in my life. We pressed on however to the patio and it was very pleasant and inviting. It is situated on a main corner of downtown Edmonds by the ferry dock and it is a great place for people watching. We all had a beer and waited for the food order to arrive. Since My wife and I love seafood, we chose the clam strips and chips lunch and coleslaw for a side. The coleslaw was great but the clams were rubbery and very small. The chips were very good and I could have made a meal out of just them. Since it is hard to judge the overall worthiness of a place in just one visit, Let me just say that I would have to try it again a few times before I was comfortable saying it is a great place.

Reviewed 28 October 2016

We've been coming to Rory's for quite a few years -- once every two months, at least, any season.
Why?
It has a small-town vibe that makes having a beer or two like hanging out at Cheers in Boston. Whether at the outdoor patio in the summer, right across from the train and ferry and the glorious view of Puget Sound, or indoors, sitting near the fire pit, where about eight friend can fit, it's so ...relaxin'.
The younger set, and those in their 40's who want to be younger, and the older group...we all hang out with comfort. Families.....sure. Just not at the bar area. Lots of side tables with views out the big windows on two sides.
T.v.s are spread out for those watching, but it doesn't take over the atmosphere like many places.
Food! The burgers and fish n chips are great staples that never disappoint. We always share the mushroom-sauteed burger n fries. It's 100% consistently awesome. (We think these burgers are just as good as the Seattle Magazine's recent Best Burgers issue's recommendations.)
Super friendly staff. They are attentive, but leave you alone. Substitutions are allowed. Darts games are going on in the back.
We keep coming back. Why not?

Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

We stopped at Rory's for drinks and dinner before going to Edmonds Theater. Food and service were great. Fun atmosphere for sports people. Great place to watch your favorite team

Reviewed 9 August 2016

While visiting Edmonds on one of our regular trips, we happened upon Rory's. As soon as we saw the Golden Tee golf, we were hooked. Well, that and the Jameson Stew advertised on the chalkboard outside helped too. The stew was delicious and our waiter was very accommodating in serving us while we were playing. It got very busy around lunch time on a Saturday but it never got to noisy and our service was still good. Thanks, Rory's, and we will be back.

Reviewed 28 July 2016

The food was excellent, the atmosphere beachy and the service was fantastic. Good for kids and adults.

Been to Rory's of Edmonds? Share your experiences!