“Friendly service, best 8 banchan dishes!”

Hosoonyi Restaurant
Ranked #76 of 143 Restaurants in Edmonds
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed 1 December 2014

I'm always craving and searching for a better spicy seafood tofu soup. When entering this restaurant the aroma blew my mind. I was excited to eat. We ordered the spicy seafood tofu soup and seafood pancake. Unfortunately, everything was great but our main dishes. The only thing you get in the seafood pancake is a fluffy dough with a some pieces of squid and large slices of green onions. We had better seafood pancake at Sura. I couldnt finish the seafood tofu soup. It had a strange texture. The flavor was off. Not enough seafood and big chunks of silken tofu. The wait staff were very friendly always greeting all their customers and thanking them. I would give them a second try when Im in the neighborhood but I wont go out of my way to make a trip here. It was more pricey than my other favorite Korean restaurants.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

We were looking for a comfortable Korean restaurant not too far from Shoreline. The Korean community around the north part of the city is relatively large, and there are a lot of Korean restaurants to choose from. This is one of the bests that we have tried.

Very comfortable, with extremely attentive service, and with well prepared typical korean food.

We were not pushing the edges ourselves: we ordered the grilled pork and a Bi Bim Bop -both were great.

The space is diner style, with booths in one side and open tables in the other.

As far as we could tell, they have hot pots as well.

The price was reasonable.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

It's a nice environment and the staff and waiters are all friendly. Andy was nice. Alex was learning Mandarin. My son likes to sit on the tutumi region where it is wooden floor.

The food is great and fabulous. I wish they have more varieties on their menu. We liked the fishes, kalbi short ribs, fried rice, rice cakes, cold noodle, tofu soup with vegetables. Pumpkin noodle. Bimbimbon. etc

Cost is about 10-30$ each person.

I wish they have ja jiang mian too.

Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

What is it the stuff that they put into their tofu soup that makes my tongue comes into senses? Very good place particularly of you're into tofu. They have many flavors available for you to choose from. Very authentic dish. Highly recommend it.

Reviewed 10 May 2013

Hosoonyi used to be a delightful place to eat, and a favorite of our family. However, over the past few years the service has become surly, so much that it's no longer a good choice, given the many other options around north Seattle.
And recently, my college-age daughter and her friend were overcharged by ten bucks. That was a low, and for us, final blow.
Try the BCD Tofu House for its amazing banchan; it's nearby. And waay more reasonably priced.

Been to Hosoonyi Restaurant? Share your experiences!