“Birthday Lunch”

Portofino Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #37 of 143 Restaurants in Edmonds
Price range: US$3 - US$20
Cuisines: Pizza
Description: Portofino Pizza has been in business for over 25 years, the goal has stayed the same quality, fast service and a friendly neighborhood environment. Making almost everything in-house requires a lot of work but we know that this pays off when you try our food. From homemade meatballs to all of the sauces, salad dressing & homemade pizza dough we separate ourselves from the others by creating a unique and authentic Mediterranean taste! We strive to always be on top of the game and for that reason we ask you to come and have a bite. We're looking forward to seeing you and value your opinions.
Reviewed 1 July 2015

My best meal in a LONG time. When I took my first bite, I felt like the world stopped and it was just me and my dish of pasta. I ordered the Fettuccine Alfredo with Grilled Chicken. It is served with 2 slices of toasted garlic bread, not dry and hard but toasted and soft. Every bite was a delight to my taste buds.
I can hardly wait to go back and have more!

Reviewed 24 April 2015

We got take out pizzas. One was a Hawaiian it was good. The other was a meat one. Under the cheese it was probably covered with salami, or whatever meat we got. It also had sausage on top. Very good.

1  Thank western u
Reviewed 16 April 2015

Disappointed in the past, we decided to give them another try for delivery, as there aren’t many options in downtown Edmonds. We live less than 10 minutes from the restaurant, yet the pizza was less than warm when we got it. They still haven’t figured out that a good pizza delivery service will use a thermal sleeve. While the sauce was good and the sausage was very good, the crust was very soggy. The next time we want a pizza delivered we will look elsewhere.

1  Thank DP49
Reviewed 11 December 2014

This is a nice little Italian restaurant. It's not fancy...no tablecloths, but it is a great place to take the family. The prices are low, and the staff friendly and helpful. The salad was enough to share with four, and it was delicious. I enjoyed my pasta primavera, and my husband liked his spaghetti Bolognese ( He said the sauce was a little too sweet, though.)

1  Thank LindaMG
Reviewed 26 November 2014

We ordered a thin crust pizza for delivery, which we got in just under an hour. The driver brought the pizza to the door. It was quite cold outside, and the pizza box was not in a thermal wrap. The result was a soggy crust. Since the box itself was not warm it is doubtful that the pizza was transported in some type of container to hold the heat. Maybe they didn’t feel it necessary because we live less than 10 minutes from the restaurant. If they want to offer delivery service then they need to rethink the process. We may give the pizza another try but it will be as diners at the restaurant.

1  Thank DP49