“Comparison with Boiling Point restaurants in Canada”
Review of Boiling Point

Boiling Point
Ranked #74 of 144 Restaurants in Edmonds
Reviewed 15 March 2017

My wife and I came across this Boiling Point location in Lynnwood. We've been to two other BP locations in Surrey BC and Burnaby BC. This BP is very consistent with what you find in Canada.

We typically order the seafood and tofu soup #2 and the lamb soup #5. Both are very good. The soup base is flavorful but not too salty. I found there's a bit less lamb meat compared to Surrey BC, but there's a bit more variety in terms of other types of ingredients in Lynnwood.

Price is $1 than Canada. Also, there is only one option for rice - no vermicelli option which would have been nice.

In Lynnwood, they also provide you with a sweet lemon sampler drink with basil seeds - very nice.

We found the service to be fine, although others have complained. The trick is to ask the server to turn off the fire mid way otherwise you end up boiling everything to be tasteless. Also, for seafood be sure to take it out early as well.

Definitely, would come back again.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

We dont live in Edmonds but when we come to see family we always said we would like to stop in and bring some food home, So i said to my husband lets stop, I asked the girl which was a american young girl what sizes are the bowls for take out, she comes back with 2 bowls one black one white, white being smaller, so since i was taken it home I thought okay Black bowl it was bigger, So i said black one please, okay she says 10 min, So i waited, she finally comes out and puts together this bag with a white bowl, I said oh Im sorry I had told you the black bowl, she looks at me like i had two heads, she was not going to fix the issue all she said to me was you will have to take your food and leave! I said excuse me? Im the customer Im thinking and she says this to me? I said wait one sec here, Im not trying to give you a hard time but I said to you the black bowl which I paid 15 bucks for, she turns to another waitress and starts whispering in her ear like i wasn't even there, I said this is crazy, what is the issue did i ask something wrong here, All Im wanting is what I paid for! she totally ignored me and again she said take your food and leave!!! I WILL NEVER GO BACK IN THIS PLACE AS LONG AS I LIVE, VERY LAST TIME AND ILL MAKE SURE EVERYONE I KNOW KNOWS THIS! I have never been treated so badly when im trying to spend money, LAST TIME!!

4  Thank tiva21
Reviewed 30 October 2016

this restaurant serve taiwanese foods,always busy in lunch or dinner time. good for cold chilly weather, hot soup one big portion for two, add chili sauces make you warm.

Reviewed 20 October 2016 via mobile

We like hot pot - especially on a cloudy chilly day. This place is always busy, often times with a waiting line at the door. You can tell their servers are well trained to greet guests at the door. Menu choices are simple and well laid out. Not much flexibility though.
My hot pot came nice looking, yet the meat was a blob - hard to separate into slices.
Their tables are super narrow/small, and only a few inches to the next tables. You need to be really skinny to squeeze through. While each table often times are with hot soups and burning fire, I'm a bit concerned that accident maybe inevitable.

Reviewed 23 September 2016

The waiter was eager to turn off the fire ... and eager to remove the plates, even there was nobody waiting to be seated.

The food was Ok, not very hot because the fire was turned off too soon.

Been to Boiling Point? Share your experiences!