“A good location but hard to get to and the parking is atrocious.”
Review of Taco Time

Taco Time
Ranked #80 of 254 Restaurants in Federal Way
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 2 December 2015

When it comes to fast food mexican restaurants, Taco Time is my all time favorite! A fixture in the Pacific Northwest for longer than I've been alive, they keep their quality standards high across the board.

The ingredients are as locally sourced as they can be and they even have a nice revolving seasonal menu. In the summer months when romaine lettuce is bountiful, they offer a chicken caesar salad or a chicken caesar burrito. Both of which are a little on the pricy side but delicious just the same. Now that fall has taken over and the air is chilly, try their white corn chowder with or without chicken. It's sure to warm you up fast. If that's not hot enough for you, they make their own salsas and hot sauce and they've added a new set of burritos to the menu that are here to stay. The crisp chicken habanero and the regular chicken habanero. They have that spicy kick that you're looking for.

I did notice the last time I ordered the tostado salad that they have made the shell a bit smaller but I was just as full all the same after I was finished so I won't really complain. They have raised their prices a bit over the last couple of months and if they are shrinking portion sizes at the same time, I will be very disappointed.

One thing that I love about Taco Time is there commitment to the environment. They were one of the first and only restaurants to start separating their trash into recycling, composting and plain garbage. They've even gone so far as to supply nearly 100% biodegradable materials so that you can compost almost all of it instead of it going to a landfill. They are probably the only restaurant doing so south of the Sodo district too. Now if they could make the opening to the compost bins a little bigger than a football, I could actually get the trash in the bin and not all over the floor.

Taco Time boasts that they don't use scales or weigh out their ingredients. Instead, they prepare your meal based on a recipe and this shows. Some employees get the recipe just right while others are very liberal with the ingredients and then others hold back a bit. If I've ever had a problem with a Taco Time location, it would be my portion size or the treatment from the employees but even when those are bad, the food is still amazing!

Give Taco Time a try and you'll see.

Thanks for reading.

Reviewed 27 August 2015

It's okay I guess, if you enjoy overpriced "wanna-be" Mexican food.
The crisp meat burrito's are good but very un-healthy.

Reviewed 19 January 2015

We live in the area and go to different Taco Time restaurants. This one is probably one of the ones we like least. The service is very poor here, and they manage to mess up food that is suppose to be the same corporate-wide. That being said, it is still a better fast food choice than any of the other places in the area. Not greasy. The restaurant itself is pleasant. They could use more parking, but you can park nearby if the lot is full. Most of the other Taco Times are much better. Don't hesitate to try them.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

After spending the last 40 years living in the Phoenix metropolitan area, I have eaten at numerous Mexican restaurants Including fast food chains. Taco Time makes Taco Bell seem like fine Mexican dining. They claim to specialize in freshly prepared, home-style Mexican fare. My Mexican friends would never serve anything is poorly prepared as what they serve that Taco Time. We tried four different things on the menu, each was over salted and so "Americanized" that it is false advertising to call it Mexican food. These are franchised by Kahala Franchising LLC, and I like a couple of their other stores, including Cold Stone Creamery In one of their numerous, America's Taco Shop both of which are excellent. I hope they do something to improve this restaurant, but until they do I will never be back. They got 2 stars because the restaurant was clean and the staff was friendly & efficient.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

When I am in the Seattle Tacoma area, I always use Taco Time as my go-to restaurant. There is a large selection of Mexican inspired dishes. I love the Fit options. They keep the fat, calories and sodium low while you can actually taste and enjoy the ingredients. The white chicken chili is perfection.
The Casito Burrito has been a favorite of mine for about a decade.
Lots of locations in the area.

Been to Taco Time? Share your experiences!