“Superb Museum!”

Ranked #5 of 26 things to do in Forks
Type:
More attraction details
Owner description: One of three Indian reservations located on the Olympic Coast.
Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

Visited the Makah Indian Reservation on the way to Cape Flattery. We had heard good things about the museum and we were not disappointed. We always enjoy learning more about the early cultural history of North America and this museum is among the finest we have had the privilege to visit. The quality of the exhibits is first rate and they are well presented. The cost is $5 for seniors, and it is well worth it. If you enjoy early history, this is a most stop.

1  Thank Glenn M
"races"
"info"
"beaches"

Reviewed 13 November 2016

We made the long lonely drive to Neah Bay to hike the short Cape Flattery trail which is on Makah property - beautiful views there. Easy to purchase $10 reservation permit at the marina. As we came into town we realized they were having a parade and festival, turned out to be their annual Makah Days celebration with booths selling food, crafts, and other items, along with races of long canoes out on the Strait of Juan de Fuca. We had salmon baked over an open fire, absolutely wonderful. Pure serendipity that we were there on festival day. Wish we had had time to visit the museum.

2  Thank LovesPhotoOps
Reviewed 18 September 2016

I very much enjoyed my visit to the Makah Indian Reservation. It was a long day trip to arrive from Port Townsend, but very lovely water views. I liked the postings as I entered advising of regulations.

2  Thank DoloresJacoby
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

We took a group of 16 students to visit the Makah Indian Reservation to enhance their awareness of Native American culture in the Forks area. It is a bit of a drive, but the distance is well worth it! The students enjoyed themselves and the attention they were given. We asked each student to share their favorite memory, a typically tedious task, but they shared their thoughts the entire drive back! Definitely a worthwhile trip for those who love history, beautiful scenery, learning about a new culture and its traditions, and a lovely drive!

1  Thank Rosemary C