“Wonderful Tour”

Destiny Harbor Tours
Ranked #1 of 4 Tours in Gig Harbor
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome, I'm Captain Tom. We operate harbor tours, sightseeing and private charters and memorials in Gig Harbor and Tacoma. Our open boats give an up-close look at all the wonders of Puget Sound! On all our tours you will enjoy spanning views of the Sound with islands, mountains and a great chance to see bald eagles, seals, sea lions, sea hawks (osprey) and more. A Destiny Harbor Tour brings you Up-Close and Personal with Puget Sound, Bring Your Camera!
Reviewed 11 July 2017

We were in a large group of 35. The owner was the tour guide and he was wonderful knowing everything about the harbor, the Narrows and the history of the Narrows Bridge. The tour went out the harbor and under the bridge down the other side and back into the harbor. We passed Pt Defiance where a large number of harbor seals were sunning themselves on a log. He came around and talked to us all about where we were from and where we were headed next. Wonderful afternoon.

All reviews
"life jackets"
"safety briefing"
"three bridges"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
"boat holds"
"wonderful afternoon"
"salmon"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Tour was so great. Learned do much about Gig Harbor and the Narrows Bridge. Even had a beautiful Eagle fly low around our boat, which amazed everyone.

Reviewed 30 June 2017

Our captain greeted us with a smile and helped us aboard. We took off on time and enjoyed seeing and learning about the water and its currents, the Narrows bridge, Mount Ranier, Salmon Island (Not sure of spelling) and many other tidbits about the area. We even saw a few seals and an eagle perched high atop one of the trees. It couldn't have been a clearer, sunnier day. Would recommend this boat ride for a fun adventure. Bring a hat and sunscreen, though. There's limited covered seating.

1  Thank Micolski2013
Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

After a lot of thought and discussion with family I decided to use Tom Drohan's company "Riviera Cruises" to spread my mother's ashes in the Puget Sound. It was the best decision we could have made. My mother would have loved it. I'm sure she did.

There were just 10 of us on Tom's boat. The Riviera that held 30+. What a wonderful memorial day it was. We had the boat for 2 hours on May 5 2017. Tom arrived right on time at the new dock by The Tides Tavern in Gig Harbor. Tom and his mate, Ethan, were there to greet us and load us onboard. We were given a safety briefing and put life jackets on the two children. We were allowed to bring food and alcohol (if you get a banquet Licence, only $11. Available on line). The boat is beautiful! A large covered cabin if you need to shelter from weather. A nice and clean proper toilet. A walkway all around the boat and an upstairs viewing and also piloting area. (Sorry, not a boater so not sure of proper terminology) After half an hour Tom stopped the boat and positioned the boat for our service. It was just perfect!! Much more than I could ever have imagined. Oh yes, I also decided this is the way I want to go when that time comes. After the beautiful little ceremony and some gospel music, which Mom loved. We continued our journey...while mom continued hers. It was moving and very, very special.

We then had a most wonderful hour and half tour around and under the narrows bridge, along by Point Defiance, around the Harbor etc. etc, with Nathan giving us a great narration of the area and its history. We laid our food out on the table under the cover. We invited Tom and Ethan to please join us as there was plenty. I put on some great music, reggae, rock etc and also some music Mom would have liked. We danced and had a ball. No gloomy people standing around a cemetery. The 2 kids just loved it all As did we all. Tom was very sweet with the children too. Explaining how to navigate a boat etc. They were so happy. We all were!

I would highly, highly recommend Tom's boat the Riviera. It was a perfect day that we think of every day. And will do so for ever.

You can hire the Riviera for two hours and up to all day. It's worth every penny! Thank you Tom and Ethan for a very special day. Perfect memorial and a wonderful cruise. Jackie and family.

1  Thank J_in_WA