“Solidly meh”
Review of Just Joel's

Just Joel's
Ranked #91 of 252 Restaurants in Kennewick
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Cute little place, nice and clean. Had French toast and hash browns and chicken fried steak. Nothing was bad, but nothing was great. Gravy tasted powdered or too much of flour; couldn’t tell which. Ham was a processed loaf. Hot link was a small pIece of a hot link. Hash browns were ok, but just that.

Service was acceptable.

Overall, I would say similar quality is available elsewhere at better prices.

High note: The blackberry jam in squeeze bottles on the tables was really good.

Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

One of the best burgers I’ve had—anywhere. The bun was minimal, which really allowed the flavors of the contents to be savored. They’re using quality ingredients and you can tell!

The place is tiny and it was packed on a Saturday morning. But it was totally worth the wait!

1  Thank Sara N
Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

Lunch here on a busy Sunday morning. Amazing burgers - better than most in the Tri-Cities. And so reasonably priced. Give it a try - you’ll enjoy it.

Reviewed 19 December 2017

This place it the best homemade from scratch food ive ever had. Huge portions, award winning homemade soup oh and the pies are surpurb! Must try this place if u havent yet you wont be disappointed!!!

1  Thank Katie M
Reviewed 24 November 2017

While driving from the Post Office to my office during the lunch hour a bit over a week before last, I noticed that this little hole in the wall with a new owner and new restaurant (Mike’s Place closed several weeks ago) had opened. I was going to grab a bite on the way to the office anyway so I stopped to check it out. Turns out it was the first day of their soft opening. I took my pick from a few tables and ordered what a fellow diner at the next table to me had said was a delicious hamburger. Called the “Jada”, it was dressed with lettuce, pickle, tomato, onion, bacon, jalapeños, and pepper jack cheese. The corn meal dusted been had been toasted. The meat was well done, with crispy bits around the edges which extended out beyond the bun. I had the cole slaw with it. It came with the choice of the slaw, potato salad, side salad, or fries. I also asked them to “mustard fry” (tip of the hat to In N’ Out Burgers) the hamburger which they were happy to do. What a great burger! I haven’t had any better in the Tri-Cities except at home. The cole slaw was fresh and flavorful - a perfect blend between tart and sweet and creamy.

On my second visit within the following week, I shared a table with a friendly fellow diner and had the Classic American burger. Just as good. My wife joined me on my third trip last week. She was not really impressed with her cod sandwich. Needs tarter! I don’t think the fish is freshly filleted and battered. It was more like commercial kitchen freezer fish. She liked her potato salad. By this visit word of the opening was getting around town and all the tables were full except for one which we shared with a dear older lady from down the street who was visiting for her first time and had really enjoyed her breakfast. They serve breakfast or lunch from 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM daily. I heard other folks in the restaurant raving about how good the omelettes were.

I’ll check out some fresh and grilled sandwiches and soups over the next few weeks. I have a lunch date with friends there in December.

Heartily recommend this place. Hope you joy it as much as I have.

4  Thank Eric B