US$231
  • Restaurant
Courtyard Seattle Kirkland(Kirkland)(Great Value!)
US$259
  • Restaurant
US$279
US$449
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

Check in by the most tempmental desk staff. They were pushy to the point of being agressive. I booked on tripadviser and paid on line. When I arrived the woman at the desk was gone she had left a note. On her return she not only insisted on ONLY a drivers lic.as id for me but said my wife had to come in from the car to produce her id. When i objected to this invasion of pricacy and her attitude she became more agressive threatening to not honor the reservation that I had paid for on line.

Brutal do not stop here drive a little farther or try another motel 6

Or as the desk woman said go to the comfort inn across the street

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2017

From the parking lot to the stair well and landings to the room itself. What a mess. the parking lot is full of cigarette butts and garbage. We had 2nd floor room and elevator is broke (looks like it has been for awhile) okay, not afraid to use stairs? but we should have been. get to 2nd floor landing and there is garbage can overflowing and about a 1/8" to 1/4" sticky, smelly, black stuff stuck to concrete landing (obviously has not been washed in a long time / and not in the 2 days we were there) get to a very small overpriced room and find garbage on the floor and cigarette burns in the comforter. tried to tell the staff up front but some twenty something (I think he was stoned) tells me "sorry dude there nothing I can do, I will tell the manager" I suggest that he write it down, my complaint and room number and he says "naw dude I got it all in my head, I'll remember" I said "no that's not going to work" then the manager walked out from the office. really? now you come out? I am thinking. Okay so I let her know and she apologized and would take care of. ha ha... only she didn't! after day 2 of hearing everybody and everything through paper thin walls and floors (no sound proofing) and smelling every one who ever smoked, cigarettes. We (my wife and I) get up early about 5am to get ready for a long days drive ahead us. My wife packs and I take a shower keeping our voices down because well, its 5am. We just finished and walking out the door to leave this garbage pit when the phone rings and its "Dude" telling my wife that we need to "turn down the party" and "the other guest are trying to sleep" yep... I woke up at 5 on Sunday morning and threw down a party? so now I am pretty hot and I go to turn in the keys and to let "Dude" know that we were not partying and that we were checking out. Dude then says "hey man don't get mad at me, it's not my fault" I let Dude know that he handled this all wrong and that I was very disappointed with the room and stay. then he tells me "then stay somewheres else man!" I let him know this was the last this place would ever see of me. I go to the car and pull out to try and not let this bother me when Dude walks out, lights up a cigarette and then gives my wife and I "the finger" I slammed on the brakes to deal with but my wife talked me out of a bad decision, Dude was not worth it...
In conclusion, aside from the very poor staff this place really is a dump! not very well cleaned. If you comment or complain its always an excuse or "not their fault" Poorly managed and cleaning staff needs to be trained. the worst hotel of the trip. The rooms are very small and cramp. Standing shower no amenities, dirty towels. laundry room a mess and machines are filthy. could not/would not do my clothes in them.
It has been a very long time since I have stayed in one this bad. This hotel had the worst reviews when I researched but I thought "how bad is it really" yep, I should have listened to the reviews. the couple bucks I saved was not worth it. Spend the extra 10 or 20 bucks and stay across the street at the Comfort Inn.. Avoid if at all possible!

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2017

On the surface all is fine - but then you hear the people around you because the walls are paper thin. You realize you can't fix your hair for work because there is no hair dryer. (how do I explain this to a customer i have to meet today? They didn't even have one I could borrow at the front desk) Thank goodness there is a store across the street because there is no shampoo. The towels are see-through. The mattress is uncomfortable. There is an ashtray in a non smoking room with a no smoking sticker on it (??) The wifi has to be renewed every day - really? I can't buy it for my whole stay? But, the staff at the front desk are friendly and efficient. Koodoos so them. It's going to be a long week....

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 June 2017

This was the most miserable motel stay I've ever had, and here's why. I booked a 10-night stay because I had two long business meetings in Redmond in back-to-back weeks. I made my reservation on booking.com. When I checked in, the clerk wanted me to pay for the full 10 nights up front, and I explained that because schedules can change quickly, I'd like to pay for the first five nights at that time, and for the last five when I check out. She said that was ok. Fast forward to day 6, where I had a charge to my credit card for that day (which surprised me), and it was for more than what the daily rate should have been, according to my reservation. I asked a front-desk clerk that day about it, and I was told they had to charge me for the day to keep my stay current, and to settle the difference with the manager the next morning. OK. So I figured out the difference between what the original amount I reserved it for and what I’d already paid, and I went in to see the manager the next day.

This is when things went VERY wrong. She came charging out of her office like an injured porcupine with fire in her eyes. She immediately said that I checked out after day 5 (which of course I had not), and my things were still in my room so they charged me for day 6. I showed her my 10-night reservation on booking.com and she said it didn’t matter, that because I hadn’t paid for day 6 by that morning, I had checked out. (But really, since they already charged my credit card for that day, then legally I hadn’t checked out anyway!) I reminded her that I was told it would be ok to pay for my stay this way, and she said that’s not the motel policy and that if the clerk really allowed me to do that, she’d be fired. We went back and forth on this and then -- get this -- she actually BLAMED ME for causing someone to stay in a smoking room the night before (when that person had reserved a non-smoking room) because they were fully booked and since my stuff was still in the room, they didn’t have my room to give to that person. I asked her how they could have done that anyway, when they already charged me for that night, and she had no response. So I showed her my original reservation AGAIN and told her I wasn’t going anywhere and not checking out. She then tried to charge me rack rates for my remaining nights, which of course I refused to go along with. She finally backed down and I paid for the remaining amount I owed in the ORIGINAL reservation, and then it was over. The whole episode was probably about 15 minutes long. As I was standing there, I thought to myself, THIS is how they treat a customer who reserved their motel for TEN DAYS?

There was some scientific value to this experience, though -- scientists, please take note, as I have discovered the true source of global warming -- it's that Motel 6 manager. Find a way to heal her anger toward humanity, and you'll reduce the ocean levels and save our cities.

For some additional irony, I'd also like to note that my room had a "no smoking" sign on the door, yet there was an ashtray on the nightstand next to the bed. Way to manage, dear manager!

For anyone reading this, please save yourself the trouble and don't stay at this motel. There's a Comfort Inn across the street. I also stayed at a Motel 6 in Reno this spring and had a bad experience there as well. I will NOT allow that chain the opportunity for a third strike. They will never get another penny of my money. Ever.

Room Tip: Get a top-floor room to avoid creaking ceilings and footsteps. It's a very noisy hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Kerry L
Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

terrible. uncomfortable beds. crappy showers. no amenities. no shampoo. no lotion. Wi-Fi costs. no Kleenex. towels had stains a d were so thin and small.
if you want cheap and no. comfort then go for it. we noticed a comfort inn next door. that I'm sure would be a better choice

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Seattle North - Kirkland, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2017

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason we apologize for the disappointment you describe with the expectations of amenities. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the comfort issues you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.