“Very good - sushi, service, and portion!”
Review of Izumi

Izumi
Ranked #16 of 291 Restaurants in Kirkland
Price range: US$1 - US$24
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 1 June 2017

Not sure whether the restaurant is very good because the chef is Japanese. But very good it is. The sushi is good because it has been 'aged' right according to my wife who has lived in Japan for more than 9 years. Apparently, the sushi melts in the mouth due to the aging. I ate tempura lunch and the portion was large but I had better tempura meal in Ginza, Tokyo, for example. The menu list has good variety. There was a constant attention by the waitresses refilling the hot tea, etc. And the bill was quite reasonable. Recommend to people who love sushi. Another indication of this restaurant's strong reputation was more than half of the guests were Asians including Japanese. The restaurant is clean and functional but not upscale. The location is a bit hard to find.

1  Thank Hainboka

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

Rated best sushi in Kirkland. Happily surprised. It was a birthday dinner so we indulged. The service people were attentive and charming. The food was delicious and nicely presented. Looks like it gets quite busy on Saturday evening

Reviewed 3 May 2017

It is the first time we've been back to Izumi since 2013 (living in the East Coast doesn't help!), our 20th year eating at Izumi. What can we say, it is still the best! It maintains the highest quality, still manned by the same sushi chef (he was a young man when we start coming here, now has some white hairs!), and we recognize a couple of old lady waitresses too. Best salmon, the teriyaki chicken is divine (if you have tried some horrible teriyaki chicken in the East Coast, you know what I am talking about) with generous portion and very good price (only $9). The place was almost full before 6:00 pm on a Sunday, obviously is well known among sushi lovers who treasure authentic Japanese sushi and sashimi. We might move back to Seattle just for Izumi!

Reviewed 30 April 2017

Excellent and authentic Japanese food. The chirashi and crab appetizer were outstanding. Great service and reasonable prices.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

This place is small, so it might fill up during peak days/hours. Good lunch special with generous portions. Good service, though I wished they had longer lunch hours - until 3 pm would be great. (They close at 1:30 pm and chased us out at 2pm.) My friend enjoyed her gyoza and my sushi melted in my mouth it was so tender. Service was attentive but not so friendly. Nevertheless the fish was amazing.