“Best sushi in a long time”
Review of Izumi

Izumi
Ranked #16 of 284 Restaurants in Kirkland
Price range: US$1 - US$24
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 20 January 2018

It is hard to find traditional sushi in the US. No, I do not want a fancy place. I could care less about fusion and rolls. All I want is excellent fish quality served nigiri style. Izumi delivers. The cuts are generous, the fish excellent and the setting simple, yet traditional. Definitely a treat and I very much look forward to coming back!

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

If you are a solo female, don’t bother at lunchtime. I was told I could not have a table and I could only eat at the sushi bar. Ok; I get it. I sat there for over 10 minutes before anyone acknowledged me, contemplating whether to leave.

The sushi chef finally took my order with the ensuing miso, etc. No ask of a beverage.
I was never offered water or more tea.
The food is fabulous but it is not worth this disrespect.

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Have been dining here since the year they opened in 1984. Their longevity speaks for itself. Excellent sushi. Favorite menu items: black cod teriyaki, gyoza, mirugai batayaki( geoduck), and if you like tofu, try the agedashi tofu. They also make the best coffee jello for dessert.

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

A step up from the conveyor belt sushi shops, this is a more traditional sit down Japanese restaurant similar to Rikki Rikki in Kirkland which closed.

Service was attentive and friendly and the food came out quickly.

We liked our meals especially the soft shell crab roll and the spicy tuna.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

If you are looking for sushi rolls, stay clear of this place, however, the standard sushi/sashimi items are available. Service was very good. The tempura panko was flaky enough, but uninspiring. A bit pricey for what it is.