“Hot Dogs and... Frito Pie!”
Review of Matt's Gourmet Hot Dogs - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Matt's Gourmet Hot Dogs
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Reviewed 15 October 2015

I wasn't in the mood for hot dogs the other day but my husband wanted to stop here as we were going by. Boy, am I glad we did!

I was quite surprised at the selection of hot dogs and other small side things. I'd never seen Frito Pie offered anywhere outside of Texas before, so I was quite shocked and pleased to see it on the menu! I ordered that while my husband ordered the Chicago dog. He quite enjoyed his hot dog and I really enjoyed the Frito Pie. Was a great alternative to a hot dog.

They also have ice cream available, quite a few flavors there that got me interested that I'm sure I'll be back for a hot dog and some ice cream. Pleasantly surprised by this place. Definately going to go back to try all kinds of hot dogs over time.

1  Thank MukuSix

Reviewed 18 June 2015

The restaurant at this address is Picnic's Hot Dogs. They have a good selection of Hot Dogs, the prices are reasonable and the service is good. They have Gluten Free and that was important for us.

The taste is okay, but not the best dogs I've had. Nothing to write home about. Parking is available and the restaurant is not far from a major freeway junction so very handy for any travelers on the 405.

Reviewed 7 April 2015

I got a chicago dog and it was through the roof. So authentic! I grew up in the midwest and we would go to chicago in the summer and Matt's Hot Dogs are just as good or better than any dog in the windy city.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

Frankly (!) I was very pleased with Picnics. Nothing can start a food argument faster than differing opinions on a good hot dog joint. Picnics is very good. Great? You decide for yourself. The quality of ingredients was very good. The dogs themselves were very good, lots of meaty taste and not just tubes of fat with enough "'meat" to give them flavor. The selection of combinations was nicely done. I have no doubt they would put together any combination you'd like. They do have nice options for the food fearful, such as vegie dogs (even a vegan option) & gluten free buns.

2  Thank Spencer M
Reviewed 24 December 2012 via mobile

I am all for a gourmet hotdog place, but this isn't it. Was very disappointed with the Buffalo dog. Quality of ingredients wasn't great either. I will take a Costco Polish over this anyday.

1  Thank Foodiegrl41