“Home away from home”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in La Conner
Skagit Bay Hideaway
Ranked #3 of 4 La Conner B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 September 2015

I travel to the area of Anacortes, WA several times a year. I have adopted this area as a second home, but I don't have a physical house there. I have stayed at several places in and around Anacortes. For my last trip, after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor for Skagit Bay Hideaway, I decided to try someplace new. I was not disappointed.

Skagit Bay Hideaway is located on the Swinomish Indian Reservation near the town of La Conner. This property has 2 guest suites, the Forest Suite and the Bay Suite. When you make a reservation, the owners will put you up in whichever suite is available, so you do not get to choose your suite. There really is no need to choose a suite because both have excellent views of Skagit Bay. The suites are not right on the water, so the water views are through the trees. I normally prefer an unobstructed water view, but I found the views here to be wonderful.

On arrival, I found the 2 guest parking spots just off Goldenview Ave, one for each suite. I was provided with the combination to a lockbox containing the keys for my suite. There was complete information to explain how everything works. In no time, I settled in and felt right at home.

A continental breakfast was provided for my first morning. It consisted of pound cake, fresh fruit and orange juice. Tea and coffee was available as well. The suites are on 2 floors. The ground floor is the living area with gas fireplace, kitchenette and bathroom. Upstairs is the bedroom, which feels a little like a loft. There is a deck off the bedroom with 2 chairs and a table. The decks for each suite face south with the bay being to the west. They are offset so that both have the same view of the bay.

I loved the shower. It's large, walk-in, with 3 different shower head options to choose from. For my stay of 2 days, there was no housekeeping service, so it is basically a vacation rental. There are some amenities in the bath, such as shampoo. However, if you're going to stay more than one night, you might want to be prepared with your own shampoo, conditioner, etc. The bath also has a hair dryer.

I'm planning another trip to the area in a couple of months. I liked staying here so much that I canceled the reservation I had made at another property and booked to stay here again. If you're looking for a secluded place to stay with a beautiful view of Skagit Bay, Skagit Bay Hideaway is an excellent choice.

Room Tip: Suite choice is not available.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TahitiChris
skagitbay, Owner at Skagit Bay Hideaway, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2016

It was so nice to meet and talk with you. We really appreciated your review of the Hideaway. We look forward to many more times of sharing this place with you. Take care until we meet again.

Reviewed 19 May 2015

We decided to find a place close at the last minute. We were really surpised to find this little piece of heaven in our own backyard. I had tried the larger 4/5 star places, everything was booked I decided to think outside the box and what you know.
This private cozy suite was just perfect!

Room Tip: Book early. This is for a night when you want to cozy in away from home or eat early and come relax...
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2013

This is a lovely get-a-way, close to LaConner, but not downtown. Rather it is a couple miles west on Skagit Bay facing Whidbey Island and a lovely bay in-between. The highlight for us was going down near the shore to watch the sunset. Another reviewer said that was prohibited, but we did not find that so. If it were, than it definitely would detract from staying here. The apartment was
very comfortable, and a great bed in the large loft area above. Continental breakfast was good
but minimal.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank drelde
Reviewed 27 September 2012

This beautiful hideaway has a secluded deck for enjoying the sunset on the bay, as well as a enclosed hot tub complete with fireplace. Every detail of what a traveler might need is included, such as bathrobes, books, an assortment of teas and coffees, real cream, and a delicious breakfast. The bathroom has two shower heads and body sprays and is quite relaxing. Only about 25 minutes to the Anacortes ferry to the San Juans or Victoria.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Frank V
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Earlene and Kevin have created a heavenly hideaway for themselves, as well as for the fortunate guests who seek out their beautifully designed and built guest quarters. The two level mini townhouses (there are two units) are complemented by the thoughtfulness of the hosts, the deliciousness of the breakfast treats, the views of the bay, the gardens, the art, the charm of La Conner. We were so disappointed to have arranged for only one night. We would plan for several days, if at all possible. The only warning would be that quite a few steps are inherent in the property.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple