All reviewsfront deskstayed at the holiday innthe ac unithot tubwould definitely stay here againan upgradefree breakfasthotel is locatedbeds were comfortableoakwoodfreewaynoiselobbytacomaamenitiespillowsmicrowave
Reviewed 17 January 2018

Tried this hotel again after a couple of years. Specifically asked for a room away from the highway. They gave me a room beside the off ramp for the highway. Never heard so much noise. You would think this hotel would invest in sound proof windows. Last stay here.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank JT T
Ravi J, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tacoma South - Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Dear JT T,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I do apologize you had a less than satisfactory stay. We understand your inconvenience with the room facing the highway and once again apologize for unable to accommodate your request based on availability.

We look forward to host you again in the near future and exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

I stated at this hotel a few days ago. I woke up with bed bug bites all over my arm and shoulder. The cleanliness of the hotel was fine, but unless you want to get bed bugs, I’d recommend staying someplace else.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Courtney A
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tacoma South - Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2018

Hi Courtney A,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us and I am so sorry about the issues you had with bed bugs during your stay. I would like to address this with you further but unfortunately, your account settings do not allow us to send you a Private Message. You are welcome to reach out to us via email at IHGService@ihg.com or you may send us a Private Message through TripAdvisor to IHGService including reference to your TripAdvisor Account Name so we can follow up on your experience.

Despite the inconvenience, thank you for staying and best regards,

Mike F.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 10 November 2017

The hotel is just off the interstate and in an area that offers many different food choices. The rooms were huge, and updated. The hotel is a very new hotel, with everything you can think of. The breakfast area is very large with a granite bar to sit and eat breakfast, or just sit and talk. The lobby is equipped with a nice comfortable sitting area if you are waiting or just want to get out of your room and watch the large flat screen tv mounted on the wall.

The hotel is equipped with a workout room, pool, hot tub, and laundry area if needed. The staff was very friendly regardless of what time of the day it was. There is a convenience store next door if you forgot anything that the hotel can't provide.

Lots of parking in a well lit parking lot.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
kiaya r, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tacoma South - Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Dear Crazyolds,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We really appreciate your kind words. We recently renovated and we are so glad to hear you love the newly remodeled rooms. We hope to accommodate you again in the future.

Best Regards,

Kiaya R.

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for work in oct. It has a pool and hot tube which is nice to warm up in after a cold day. The staff were very nice and extremely helpful when my trip was extended. Beds were comfy and came with multiple hardness pillows. Located near the military base and right off of I5 with a 24 hour Denny’s right next to it it’s very convenient for anything you need any time of day.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Kiaya R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tacoma South - Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Dear Evan M,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. I am so glad to hear you took advantage of our 24 hour pool and hot tub. We hope we are able to accomodate you again in the future.

Best Regards,

Kiaya R.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

I chose the hotel in part because of the indoor pool. Went in September, and it was going to be too cool for an outdoor pool.
The pool was extremely cold. I went in once and swam for about 4 minutes before I had to get out and get in the hot tub.
My 4 year old granddaughter wouldn't even get in.
I was there for a week and didn't see anyone else using the pool.
Otherwise the hotel was nice. It's new, comfy beds , good location right off the highway. The buffet breakfast was standard, good coffee.
So, go for the room and breakfast. Don't go for the pool.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Kiaya R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tacoma South - Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2018

Dear hehren,

Thank you for your review. I am please to hear you enjoyed our breakfast options. We love to have a variety to meet everyone's taste buds. Thank you, and we hope to accommodate you again in the future.