Eagles Nest Inn Bed and Breakfast
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Langley
See available hotels
Harbor Inn(Freeland)
Wait's Motel(Everett)
View Hotel
All reviewswhidbey islandmy husband and igracious hostsdeception passwashington statejerrywoodstreesgourmetdecktranquilsoundferry
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 August 2016

I've been coming here for a bunch of years. I love the natural views, the wildlife, the relaxed setting. The rooms are airy with delightful views, the food is wonderful and the hosts are exceptional. I can be as laid back as I feel like, and still be within easy drives to a plethora of activities if I want something more than an easy walk around the grounds.

Room Tip: All rooms are wonderful - the only factor might be stairs.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
LangleyEaglesNest, Owner at Eagles Nest Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2016

Thank you for your comments. Its so nice to have you back each year we think you are an exceptional guest. See you next summer!

Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

Jerry and Joanne were lovely and very informative. The grounds were beautiful and the interior of the B&B and room was clean and well decorated. The breakfast was delicious even though I was looking forward to her pear puff pancakes but the egg dish was very tasty. The only negative I have is that the toast was soggy because it must have picked up moisture from the eggs. This is coming from a very picky person. Can't believe some of the reviews you have received very unwarranted. The bed and sheets were super comfortable and I thought the whole experience was very enjoyable and would definitely go back. Also the trails next door were a lot of fun. Thank you for an enjoyable experience!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experiences. We will look forward to your return.

Reviewed 29 June 2016

As I started to write my review on this B&B I thought I would look at some of their past reviews to see if what I had felt was maybe unwarranted, I thought maybe it was just me. As I read the past reviews I found many guests that loved the Eagles Nest Inn but of those who did not, most were from the same feeling I received of the place during my stay. When reading the inn keepers response I found each one condescending to the guests who offered their opinion only because it was negative. Instead of the Inn Keeper using them as learning tools he became defensive. I hesitated to write this one. No one likes to be attacked. Not the Inn keeper nor the guests. But if the same complaint continues to rise then there must be some truth to it. This house was beautiful from top to bottom. Hidden up the hill and surrounded with beautiful landscaping along with other nice homes. The inside décor was just as charming the cleanliness was above average. I can tell these Inn Keepers work very hard to maintain their property to a high expectation and yet the sad part is that there was also this uncomfortable feeling that pointed at you as being such a bother.. It made the "Inn" just a "house". I felt I might had gotten chastised at any moment. There was no feeling of "welcome" that normally comes with staying at a bed and breakfast. I felt like I was staying in some ones house that "had" to take me in and wasn't too happy about me being there. That I better not make any noise or break any rules while here. We asked for a map of the town Jerry reluctantly gave us one while stating he was going to wait until breakfast to give it to us. He seemed to want us to go to dinner right away we had just arrived and hadn't even seen the room yet. Working in the hospitality industry can be very difficult or can be very rewarding, It is hard to be pleasant all the time. People come to you because they are looking for fun, laughter and relaxation no one goes on vacation to stay at a place that is surrounded by rules, regulations and routines. (we could have stayed at work for those). It was a very long but beautiful drive from Bellingham and we were excited to stay on the island and at the B&B however come daybreak we were up, out and couldn't leave soon enough.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rebecca L

Thank you Rebecca for the feedback. I know your stay was only one night and with your aggressive travel plans it didn’t give us much of an opportunity to get to know one another and the welcome first impression I get that I didn’t score so well. I have a dry sense of humor and I’m straight forward and for some it takes time to get to know me.
Joanne and I meet and greet on average some 800 – 1000 couples a year give or take and we are all different folks with different personalities. I greet people honestly on any given day and hope they will meet me the same way.
We welcome everyone with a tour of the Inn (unless they opt not) before taking them to their room as the Inn has common areas, decks and hot tub for their use while staying with us. It of course starts of the first level and works its way up to the guest room areas. On the first level we orient you to where we serve breakfast and while we are discussing your breakfast preferences, beverage, allergies and dislikes we take the opportunity while on the subject of food, to share to share the town map and where the dinner opportunities are. We have the menus etc. Many thank us for great over view as generally a first concern is where can we go to eat tonight. We will make reservations for those wishing them. The map provided in the morning is a map of the whole Island; we make up in the morning with the events of the day, local tide tables etc. and is marked with the local highlights. There is also lots of Island information in your room. I think I was more surprised at the request but I did go and get you one. We provided both maps for you.
Our Bed and Breakfast is a licensed business ( not an air bnb) and as such have certain legal responsibilities for posting fire exits, County Spa use rules by the hot tub, etc, and have to adhere to County Health Dept. rules with regard to food service areas and activities. The only house rule is that we ask of our guests is they lock the main front door when they come and go. This preserves the privacy of every guest as non-guests don’t have free access they have to ring the bell. The bell rings in the Innkeepers area and that’s how we are alerted to arriving guests and visitors’ who just want to take a look at the Inn.
I know you want to do your own BnB and I want to wish you all the best in that endeavor. It continues to be an amazing for me after 22 years. We meet the mostly wonderful people and we are blessed with returning guests and their family and friends. I hope that future guests won’t judge me to harshly as a result of your comments even the greats can’t hit it out of the park every swing of the bat.

Reviewed 14 September 2015

I have read nearly all the reviews here and am stunned at the negative ones! Therefore, I have to share my experience. Personally, those who left negative reviews must be extremely picky and hard to please people, because I didn't want to leave! I had the pleasure of spending 8 nights at The Eagles Nest Inn and loved every moment. I chose the Forest Room, because one, it was a last minute trip and there were only two rooms left, that or the Garden Suite, but I liked the idea of the balcony with a view. The room beautiful, correction, the entire place was beautiful. Joanne has a special touch for decorating and many of us were asking "how did you make that?!" Nearly all of it came from nature or was nature related, which really gives ambiance to already incredible inn. I especially liked the decor for the Forest Room and the keep an eye out everywhere for the wonderful artist who painted critters on the walls. If you are interested in the Forest Room, my only caution is there is no tub, just a walk-in shower and it is very small and I'm an average sized person. The bed was very comfortable, I slept great! I wanted to steal the pillows, but I didn't. There is a lovely peek-a-boo view of the Puget Sound, both from your window and deck, surrounding woods, and you can see the birds, squirrels, and other critters. Hidden in the room is a small fridge with chilled glasses (wine and regular), which came in handy, I put water bottles in mine (anything directly under the ice tray holder will freeze solid), wine and a few sandwiches and goodies I picked up in Langley. This is a nice touch you don't even find in a lot of hotels! I did not use the TV, I watched a DVD on my laptop, but it's there if you want it. The Wi-Fi was fine on my laptop, but spotty on my phone, only because I have Sprint. You'll find Verizon and AT&T are the only two cell companies that get decent coverage on the Island.

Let's move onto the breakfast! Amazing! I tried things I have never ate before and found new likes, no dislikes, and was always full for the rest of the day! I'm not sure why there are several reviews complaining about the amount of food, because you get a large quantity. You will often get a bread basket (not every day), with butter, delicious jelly/jam, a large plate that is filled (and I mean filled) with something heavenly, and always a large fruit cup full of various in season fruits. Fresh orange juice and all the coffee you want. Those people who have left reviews "wanting more" breakfast must be ones who go to "all you can eat breakfast buffets" and have to be asked to leave. Do not ask Joanne for her recipes, they are a secret, but if enough of us ask her to write the cookbook she was going too, maybe she would! Jerry is an extremely kind, funny, and both of them are full of knowledge about the Island, wildlife, plants, etc. They do not "hover" over you at breakfast like other reviewers have stated, they visit like normal people do, answer questions, give you tips, tell you funny stories, chime in on conversations, etc. A tip for people staying at a Bed & Breakfast, get to know the people sitting next to you! The lovely thing about Joanne and Jerry is they introduce their guests to each other when new ones arrive. It's a great ice-breaker and starts conversation flowing. I had many great conversations over breakfast during my stay both with several guests and when I was by myself (as the only guest) with just Joanne and Jerry.

The place is immaculately clean, they do housekeeping between 11 - 1 every day. I read a review that said there were "do's" and "don’ts" everywhere, I have no idea what they are talking about? I saw no signs or rules posted anywhere, except a small book in your room that includes the Wi-Fi password, about the inn, etc. and some requests, like keeping noise down after 10 p.m., which is just respectful of other guests. I never heard anyone above me or beside me and I know those rooms were both occupied during my stay at one point or another. I wish hotels would ask that of their guests! The only other thing they ask is, if you use the main front door to come in, lock it like you would your own home. Is that too much to ask?! No! They keep the kitchen locked due to the legalities of Bed & Breakfast/Inn laws, guests cannot be allowed to go in/out getting their own food, drinks, etc. However, if you are need of anything, you can always leave a note on the kitchen door!

I did check out the common room and I borrowed a DVD from it one night. There is a huge selection of VHS (yes, VHS still exist), and a small collection of DVDs. There are games, puzzles, and the like too. A table if you wish to eat somewhere other than in your room or at a restaurant. A microwave, coffee items, recycle bins, and a sink. Please recycle.

I have no complaints about The Eagles Nest, Joanne, Jerry, my room, the price, or the service. I wish I could have breakfast there every day, returning to normal, everyday cereal was depressing after all those wonderful mornings! I wish I could live there! I highly recommend this inn to everyone who is going to visit Whidbey Island and hope that Joanne and Jerry have many more years of great success.

Room Tip: Forest Room has a peek-a-boo view of the Puget Sound and side woods view with a small, private, deck closest to the hot tub.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Cr8zyC8tL8dy
Reviewed 25 July 2015

We arrived after dark and I remember driving up a lighted and winding lane and suddenly there appeared this beautiful three story home with an eagles nest on top. The hosts pointed out that the house is built in the shape of an octagon. I was taken back by the great beauty of the building. We were delightfully charmed with the interior beauty as well. The walls have gorgeously drawn murals that bring nature inside.

And the views of the valley through the timbers were awesome. Our bedroom was had full heights windows with a French glass door that opened to a large deck that wraps around the building. The air-jetted feature of the tiled lined tub has been turned off because, we were told, the noise of it in operation was too much for adjoining guests bedrooms. Too bad, it would have been nice to enjoy the jets. Nice to know, however, that the owners care most about maintaining an atmosphere that is conducive to a restful and quiet respite for their guests.

Breakfast in the morning, provided by our gracious hosts, was as delicious, as was their company. Our only regret is that we arrived late and left early. This place needs to be enjoyed for several days, not a short night. We will be back.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business