“I miss the old decor!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 March 2018

We've eaten at Castaways every year we've visited Long Beach and always loved the kitschy decor -- surfer signs, Parrot Heads, pirates, goofy sayings -- but it's all gone. New management? Maybe, but the old style was way more fun and made Castaways unique.

2  Thank lindahagenmiller

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

I have eaten here twice. The first time, off season in December. The halibut poh'boy and the service were both good. I returned in March to a 1/3'd full restaurant and was only offered service in the bar (as a single). I requested service in the dining room. Why? The same halibut was over cooked and stringy. The waitress seemed only slightly tolerant of my presence. . I will not be back.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

Way over priced,, my Husband ordered Oysters they where Nasty and Warm ,, My Claim chowder was Runny and no flavor,, Spinach and Crap dip was Cold,,,, We where so hungry when we got there and after the Nasty food we went to McDonalds

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Very friendly staff. Great menu selection. We started with a cup of clam chowder. Absolutely amazing!! I had the halibut fish and chips with sweet potato fries. Girlfriend had the popcorn shrimp with garlic fries. Both good quality and quantity. Definitely recommend this when in Long Beach.

1  Thank Harold S
Reviewed 9 March 2018

Casual atmosphere. I recommend ordering the Mai Tai.
Clam chowder was good, chunky with a lot of flavor in it. Tried the fish and chips, it was alright. The prices are decent, service was good. I don't remember the name of the waitress we had..but she was friendly, helpful and pleasant. No complaints at all on the customer service, speed of service. That was all great. Just found the particular food I tried to be average. If i stayed near this location again, I would return again.

1  Thank Lisa R