“Chowder”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

Had lunch here twice. Hamburger was typical bar hamburger. The chowder was very good. Several resteraunts said they had the best bit I think LBT beat the others. Very thick, not runny

carolsmajor, Owner at Long Beach Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Thank You Steve visiting the Long Beach Tavern.!
We appreciate that you took time to review our chowder.
I hope that you will be back for another visit soon.
Thanks Again,

Reviewed 2 May 2018

A non-smoke filled bar YEAH! Saw the sign for award winning chowder and decided to check it out. Very nice young man took care of us. Our order of 16 oz. seafood chowder (not just clams) with cheese bread, 1/2 order cod and chips, draft beer and water came to $21. Hubby LOVED his chowder!! It was thick and flavorful with clams, shrimp and fish in every bite. My fish and chips were hot and crispy. Next time I want to try the beer battered fries.

Thank You for you kind words.
I would like to thank you for sharing you experience that you had at the LBT.
I think that you will enjoy the beer fries as much as you had the rest of our food.

Reviewed 10 April 2018

Been going to bars and taverns for more years than I'd like to admit but this place is special. From great food, pool tables, friendly staff and karaoke nights, this is a must stop. Pizza, burgers, and award winning chowder all a hit. If you have kids, just call in the order and pickup! Also great deal on 2lb bag of smoked salmon is pressure sealed and great to take home.

Thank You Graham for your amazing review!
The staff and I at the LBT appreciate that you took the time to share you experience.
I am glad that you enjoyed some of our smoked salmon. We look forward to your next visit.
Thanks Again,

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We were looking for a pizza place and it seems this is the best pizza place in town. The unfortunate thing is it's a tavern so it seems Long Beach could really use a family pizza place. We don't normally frequent taverns so this was a different experience for us. The place was dark and quite dated. There were small round tables as well as booths with dark vinyl. There is also a large bar area one can sit at. We found a table and were served fairly quickly. We had ice tea and a diet 7up and it was only $1.50 which is very reasonable as we have been charged as much as twice that for soft drinks at other places. We had the looked for pizza, and it was good. The crust was not too thick and was crispy. Overall a good food experience and good service. It's just the dark decor.....

carolsmajor, Owner at Long Beach Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Thank You for taking time to leave the Long Beach Tavern such a kind review. Some history of the bar,it burnt down and was rebuilt in the late 1960's and has remained a Dive Bar from that time. I am proud of my staff and the great job that they do.
Thanks for coming in and hope that you enjoyed your visit to Long Beach.
Long Beach Tavern

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Oh my gosh. The biggest bestest pizza I ever had. The Seafood Chowder was voted best in the North West....They also make and sell the best horse Radish I ever had in my life and HOT!!! WOW