“Very Good Mexica”

El Compadre Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 43 Restaurants in Long Beach
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

The cheese and onion enchiladas were very good. My husband had the beef special and said it was good. Service was polite but a bit slow.

Reviewed 14 April 2018

What a lovely dining experience! The decor has the charm of being in Mexico with all the brightly painted chairs and tables! We were seated immediately--yea! The menu has many great items to enjoy--from the childrens menu of cheese enchiladas with rice and beans to the adult carne asada with rice and beans to the lovely carnitas which I love. Very clean atmosphere and the bathroom was well stocked for any item that ran out--very nice decor. The food was amazing--very nice presentation--everything was nice and warm not cold besides that all the items were fresh! Very pleasant server and was very accommodating to our needs. We spoke to them about obtaining some of the table tops and they gave us where we can get them--cool! Lots of parking--plenty of room from just 2 to large parties--awesome dining experience--will go again. The chips and salsa are delicious!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

El Compadre is a very typical Mexican restaurant. The decor is colorful although the chairs weren’t very comfortable. The menu is typical although there were a few more seafood dishes than most places. The food was fine. My wife was happy with the amount of chicken in her tostada. The chicken carnitas I had were tasty enough. However the rice and beans were unremarkable. The service was spotty. I was asked twice what kind of tortillas I wanted but was never brought any. No one checked on us until we were all done.

The restaurant is north of the main downtown area. There seems to be plenty of parking.

Reviewed 1 December 2017

Whenever in Long Beach, Washington we have to stop and have dinner at El Compadre in Long Beach. Consistently delicious traditional Mexican food. Beautifully painted decor. Comfortable and inviting. Never disappointed.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

I usually do not write reviews for mediocre places, but since this place has so many good reviews, I felt I needed to to save the next person with a decent palate. If you are looking for real Mexican like what you get from taco trucks this is not the place. If you are looking for the gloopy cheesy Mexican that seems to be what most Mexican restaurants are, you found a mediocre one. The decor is fun, all the tables and chairs are carved birds/fish/mariachi's etc. The wait staff is moderately attentive, 2 people took our order, but then we could not flag someone down for more salsa. The food was OK, not good not bad. Standard beans and rice. My pork soft tacos had no seasoning, but were better when dowsed in chip sauce. The combo platter was equally bland. They used a relatively light hand on covering things with cheese, more probably would be better. To the people who say this is the best Mexican in Washington, or equal to the food in PV, you guys don't get out much.

2  Thank Kevin R