Free cancellation until 27/07
US$139
Courtyard Seattle North/Lynnwood Everett(Lynnwood)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$153
US$187
US$170
Hampton.com
Best Western Alderwood(Lynnwood)(Great Value!)
US$150
  • Breakfast included
US$176
US$161
Homewood
All reviewscontinental breakfastfour sidesglass walledbagelsan older hoteldowntown seattleclean roomswaffle makerfront desk staffeggstvkinglaundryduvet
Reviewed 15 September 2017

I travel to the Seattle/Bothell area often on business and I've stayed in plenty of different hotels during this time. I like to stay in less expensive hotels when I can to save my company money. I saw some good reviews for Hotel International so I thought I'd give it a go. I checked in on a Monday and was leaving early on a Thursday morning. I stayed in Room 310 for the entire stay.

I'll start with the good
- The price was around 100 dollars per night base, but ended up being around 120-130 due to taxes and such. Still not terrible for the area.

- The parking is adequate and well lit.

- They offer a complimentary breakfast.

- Water pressure in the shower is exceptional.

-The front desk staff at check in was pretty nice to me (two younger gentlemen).

- The TV was large with some kind of digital cable.

- The bed was reasonably comfy.

Now for the bad
- The location is not in a great part of town.

- The "gym" is two aerobic type machines that face the parking lot at the front entrance, kinda weird.

- It was difficult to enter the room with the keycard they provided, it would never work on the first try, and after it worked, the door was heavy and didn't open/close right.

- The room was in pretty bad shape from a preventative maintenance perspective, furniture was missing pull handles, the carpets were musty, the bathroom had a few stains that probably could use some bleach, the air conditioner worked, but it was kind of noisy.

- The WiFi was non-existent. Every time I spoke with someone at the front desk, they told me what the network was that I should be logging into, but when I got back to the room, the WiFi would fade and then go totally away. This was my most frustrating gripe about the hotel. I will never stay at a hotel again if the WiFi doesn't work consistently. I don't care about super fast speeds, it just needs to be able to connect and stay connected.

- Although breakfast was provided, it was a little weak. Cereals mostly, a waffle maker that I just couldn't get the courage to use. The sign reminds you not to remove any food from the hotel premises. I mean, c'mon? Is me walking out with a yogurt going to kill you guys? (I ate everything in the dining room though just to be sure they didn't get upset with me.)

- The hallways and stairways in the hotel are once again musty and full of clutter (old furniture, maid supplies).

- A small weevil type insect crawled right by my foot in the bathroom.

- Another big item for me was my check out experience. I make it a point to go to the front desk whenever I check out of a hotel to ensure that no other charges were required and, if possible, receive a copy of my bill. I got to the lobby at 5am. I waited for someone to come to the front desk, but no one was around. There was a note saying that they'd be back in 5 minutes. After 15 minutes I became impatient and called the hotel from my cell phone. The phone rang in the back and I heard some shuffling. An older lady appeared and I explained that it was me calling the hotel to get someone's attention. She spoke very poor English and seems a little perturbed that I interrupted her beauty sleep. When I asked for a final bill, she said the one I received at check in was it. I didn't want to argue and was running late for my flight so I left.

Bottom line - work on the decor, make sure the WiFi works, and have someone sitting at the front desk whenever you can. For the two guys manning the front desk, pretty good job, I felt welcomed when I checked in and you were both very polite, but you would think my constant questions about the WiFi wouldn't put someone into action.

Room Tip: Stay away from Room 310 if you want to get access to WiFi.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Clean rooms, comfy beds and good water pressure are my top 3 factors in liking a hotel and this hotel had them all. I stayed at Hotel International twice within a week, with different family members and each time we had a pleasant stay. The rooms were large and had fridges and microwaves. There were also enough (and accessible) outlets to charge phones. The breakfast was standard with the make it yourself waffles and a variety of breads as well as yogurt and some fresh fruit. The breakfast room was nice and large, with plenty of seating. The lobby is pretty neat, with a water feature and a glass walled elevator.

The location was easy to get to and there were plenty of dinner options within a few minutes drive. The area felt safe and I never had any concerns about safety. There seemed to be plentiful parking.

My only comment, and it's not so much a complaint as an observation, is that the counters in the bathroom were a bit low. The shower heads were short as well. With good water pressure, I can deal with short shower heads though. The bathrooms were spacious, which is nice too.

The staff was very nice and even made sure that I would have adjoining rooms for the next stay.

No, it is not a 5 star hotel, but to me it is as good as any of the mid-range chains and I'd rather support a local-owned business than a chain.

So, with my 3 requirements for a repeat stay clean, comfy, and water pressure added to free breakfast, free parking and free wifi at a reasonable cost and friendly staff, I will plan to stay at Hotel International in the future when in the Seattle area.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2017

We stayed here since we had friends and family nearby. It appeared to be older but taken care of fairly well. It was clean, quiet and felt secure. The shower may be a little small for taller folks. Overall its a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

This was a nice hotel overall. Lynwood is outside downtown Seattle but makes for more affordable hotel options. Hotel International is an older building but the lobby is clean and modern, and the rooms were still very nice. Complimentary breakfast was consistent with what to expect for this amenity: waffle maker, cereal, eggs, sausage, yogurt, bananas. Hotel staff friendly. It was also nice that there was a coin washer/dryer available because we were in need of laundry.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2017

We chose the Hotel International for its location. My daughter and I went to Seattle for her friend's wedding and it was close by. The hotel doesn't look like much from the outside but I liked that the center was open and the rooms were around on all four sides. There was both an elevator and stairway. Rooms were clean and well kept and there were a lot of international travelers. There was a small exercise room and a meeting room which was used for their continental breakfast

Room Tip: The area was very quiet so I don't think there would be a noise problem,
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family