“Big Taste, Small Size”

Snohomish Pie Company
Reviewed 7 August 2017

I first visited around a month ago. As a result of paying by charge, I was sent a $5 coupon for a return visit. That was enough of an incentive for me to go back. Since I had wanted to try one of their cream pies that are only made on the weekends I went on a Sunday morning. Arriving just as they opened I was the only customer. The staff person was very pleasant and informed me that each weekend they have a rotating choice of two pies; on this particular weekend I had a choice of Lemon or Raspberry Cream. I ordered the Raspberry Cream and found it to be very good. Yes, I had the $5.00 coupon, but while $5.25 for a slice of pie is not unreasonable, I felt that the portion was on the small side.

Reviewed 1 July 2017

I was in the area and decided to give them a try. I ordered a slice of apple pie. While the $4.25 price wasn’t the issue, the serving was small and the crust was somewhat soggy. At least, the apples and spices were very good. If an eatery were going to specifically name themselves a “Pie” Company, then I would expect a better product. On the plus side, I did get one of the $2 cookies to go that turned out to be better than the pie.

Reviewed 20 February 2017

We stopped in here during the 2016 holidays. What we saw in the store looked and sounded good. After all, SNOHOMISH. That's COUNTRY and every city dude knows that country means nature, artisanal quality, purity and nutritious, probably organic goodness and pollutant free. Everything sounded homemade, maybe by a platoon of industrious country grandmas who picked the berries off the bushes themselves and whipped out gorgeous, flaky pie crusts like our 99-year old friend Betty Smith used produce scrumptious pumpkin, berry, apple, and pecan pies that vanished off the table in seconds.

I wandered around the store admiring cookies and other goodies on display while my wife ordered two pies that we were to pick up a bit later for a planned holiday dinner.
In the car she told me that they were $24. "Okay," I said, "That's not too bad for a good pie." "That's EACH," she said. "Too bad Betty Smith doesn't bake anymore," I choked, "That's not a pie, that's an investment."

It turned out not to be a particularly smart one. The pie I was looking forward to the most was a marion berry pie. It looked beautiful. The filling was so-so and on the gummy side. The crust was heavy and sodden. I now don't even remember what the other one was, only that it was no better. Frankly, I have had better pies from both Costco and Sams Club that have cost half as much.

Of course they weren't country. And probably made by some guy who didn't even know how to do all that authentic small town stuff they do in Snohomish like play a guitar and lasso a steer--and who thought that "organic" was a kind of naughty word.

I think we paid $24 each for an illusion.

Reviewed 7 December 2016

When visiting Double D Meats (my favorite butcher - located next door to Snohomish Pie Company), I sometimes grab a piece of pie or fancy cookie at the Snohomish Pie Company. I have loved every variety I have tried. This is the kind of pie your grandmother made - lots of real ingredients resulting in truly delicious pie. This is a fun treat.

They also have sandwiches so it might be a good lunch place, but I haven't tried them.

Reviewed 20 November 2016

good homemade huckleberry cream pie, although it was not cold as it should have been, but good taste, they should keep their cream pie chilled