“Apparently the customer isn't always right at Azteca.”

Azteca Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 27 May 2017

Can't believe what happened at lunch today while I was there with my 91 yr. old mother. Erik asked for our order, at which time I mistakenly tried to order two items on a special, when only one was allowed. Apologized and told him we'd have the burrito on #2. He questioned whether we wanted to add another item as an extra. I said no, the burrito was enough.

When Ana brought our order out, there were two items on the plate, that looked the same. I asked her if a mistake had been made, because we had ordered the burrito to split. She said it was only one burrito, but because it's so big, the kitchen cuts it. Thought it seemed different, but she said it was only the one item.

At the end of lunch, the bill was incorrect, as we were charged for a 2nd item. I questioned it and explained what had happened. Erik said we ordered two items, which I denied. He then said if that wasn't the case, why did we accept the order when it came. I told him we questioned it to Ana and she said we got the right order with only one item. Erik continued to argue with me for almost 5 min. I was stunned. I've never seen a server insist so much that a customer must be lying. When I asked to talk to the manager, he went and got her, and then shared his side of the story. After Erik was done, she walked past us with a look that could kill. Never came by our table to ask our side, or apologize. Just a steely glare.

Erik eventually came back with the revised bill, but the damage had been done. We were regular customers there, but if that's how they treat people, we won't be back.....until there's new management.

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

There are several Aztecas near me, as this is a northwest Mexican food franchise. I have been to this exact location and was less impressed, but tonight I was very pleased. Immediate seating, quick attentive service. We did have one mix up in our order, wrong dish, that was quickly fixed. It happens sometimes, the measure of a good restaurant service is how they recover. Good show Azteca!!

I had picadillo ranchero enchiladas and the "Top Shelf Marg" and and my wife had burrito blanco. The enchiladas were great. The burrito was new to us. Also very good but very rich! Could easy have split it. Marg was also good, The Grand Mariner float is a nice touch. Sorry, no pics of food, we were all super hungry!!

Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

I am from out of town and my friend took me. Wonderful. Fajitas were very good. I would highly recommend.

Reviewed 25 May 2016

I absolutely love the flavor of the chicken taquitos and quest dip smothered over the top! Definitely not a low calorie meal however is a fabulous treat!

The chicken chimichangas are also marvelous as is the macho burrito!

Of note, the Azteca at Alderwood Mall in Lynnwood is now closed so you'll have to go one exit south, turn right, one block on the left, to get to this location! Amazing food, great service, great chips & salsa!

Reviewed 23 January 2016 via mobile

Stopped here by chance as I had a craving for Mexican food. This place hit the spot. The chips were good, not stale or tough, the salsa was tasty. The tamale, taco, and everything else was good. Good service and hot food. All I can says is I left happy and was glad I stopped. When I am back here on business, I will be back here!

Been to Azteca Mexican Restaurant? Share your experiences!