All reviews mini golf waffles putt putt front desk room was clean first floor free breakfast stay there again double queen air conditioner view room pool and hot tub one night stay wi fi ocean motel cereal
Reviewed 13 March 2018

I checked in but changed my mind five minutes later. The owner was working the desk and said there was no way she would give me my money back. I had not used the room or even put my stuff in it but she would not even consider or ask why I wanted to leave. I was maybe the only person in the hotel but this is no way to retain customers. Quality Inn should take some responsibility for poor management and customer service. Quality Inn lacks quality in Ocean Shores.

Room tip: This is a seasonal hotel that is not into customer service.
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank Melissa B
Mary Ann B, General Manager at Quality Inn - Ocean Shores, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Dear Melissa,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. It was not our intentions to make you feel that way. You checked the room before you decided to stay. According to our Hotel policy, same day reservations cannot be canceled, especially after keys are given to our guest. I'm sure you can understand why.
We are proud to say our guests have given us "high likely to recommend scores" because we try our best to provide great customer service and comfortable accommodations. I'm sorry you were not happy.
I hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to Ocean Shores and give us another chance to give you a better stay.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

This is not a positive review of this place. There are so many ways this could have been better. #1 if I had chosen to stay in a better hotel.

I booked this hotel through Bookings.com weeks in advance. I got a confirmation from Bookings.com that stated that the hotel would charge the card. I got a notice from Bookings.com 2 days before the visit that I was confirmed with the Quality Inn. I called the day of the visit to see if we could check-in earlier. They stated that there was no reservation in my name. The lady who was there said that she would look into it and call me back. When she called back about an hour later, she informed me that the reservation was canceled because the card was declined. Not possible. There hasn't been a day in the last year that there wasn't at least $5000. She says that we're lucky she happens to have one room left. It will be $30 more than my original cost. Coincidence? Probably not. But I don't really know what happened. Is it possible that there was a problem with Bookings.com? Maybe it was my credit card company? I simply don't know yet. Time to do research but I book the room anyway. Bookings.com says that they still have the reservation in their system and they are not sure what happened. They offered $20 off. It doesn't seem like it's their fault but they are doing customer service instead of gouging me. I am increasingly suspicious of the hotel. I check my credit card and no attempt to charge my credit card at any time in the last month. Hmmm...

So I'm still in a pickle. I need the room so I keep it. Here's my review of the stay. It sucked. I've stayed in Ocean Shores 3 times recently and been happy every other time. I should have gone back to a known positive experience but they were already booked for the night I wanted and this visit was less romantic purpose. It seemed like logical choice for location and purpose. They offered a hot breakfast too.
Why it sucked:
The breakfast was not good. They were out of rubbery eggs at 740am, the bacon was paper thin (it was a sign of the cheapness of the hotel), the pastries were not good and cut up into small portions (cheapness again) and the banana I got was flat out rotten. I have been to a dozen different hotels with hot breakfast and this was the only one I was repulsed with. Actually, I mistakenly assumed that it would be comparable. It sucked. Not even enough food for the number of guests. We were lucky enough to get some. It appeared others were not.
Next: the room was clean but it was showing many signs of ill repair. Doors were wobbly. Carpet was worn out. Counters were cheap, worn and not attractive. Pillows uncomfortable. Beds were hard. Very cheap all around.
Other issues: The mini golf course was not in good shape. It was pretty pathetic too. Not appealing. Maybe if you really just want practice but not maintained or interesting to the kids. Nickel and dimed me. I had 2 extra charges on my bill for items that were not normally done in any of the last 30 times I've been to hotels. One, for early check-in. I've done this at least 4 times before and never been charged. I was pretty shocked. They never told me that ahead of time. The other item I don't even know what it was. I'm going to research it further but I wanted to post this immediately so other travelers can be aware. Beware. Stay away from here unless you are prepared.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Chad F
Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

We were upgraded to a room with a view when we arrived, how nice. The room was spacios. Of course, it's a bit dated, and well painted. Could use some upgrading, but overall the hotel is great. The pool was cold, but at least there was one. The breakfast is good, lots of food. We will definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Mary Ann B, General Manager at Quality Inn - Ocean Shores, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Dear Samantha, Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and a great review. Sorry to hear the pool was cold. I have shared this with our maintenance to check for any issues regarding the heater. I know we just installed a new dehumidifier and AC. I hope we can give you a better experience on your next visit.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

The room we had was small and smelled a bit moldy but for a one night stay it would do. Let's just say that the mattress could use replacing. This hotel is in desperate need of some upgrading. We used Hotwire so we got one of the worst rooms in the house. There might be rooms with a view of the ocean but we couldn't tell from the ocean. The hotel is conveniently located to the beach and restaurants in town but a car or bike would be required.

Room tip: Get a Room. As High as Possible
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Valued guest, thank you for giving us your review. We think all our rooms are nice. As a proud member of the Choice Hotels in good standing we offer clean and affordable rooms in a beach front setting. It does not matter where you booked you stay. The room type you booked is all we see when we assign the rooms. We have upgraded the mattresses and carpets a couple of years ago. We do not advertise our hotel as new or modern, we are more like a Lodge. Our traditional standard rooms are small, however, if it is space you want we do offer spacious rooms. I hope you will stay with us again and give us another chance to provide you with a better stay and book though our website in one of our spacious rooms.

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

We were at quality(?) inn to rest and relax for a 3-night stay. It was an average stay until the last night when we were awakened by cigarette smoke coming into our room at 1 a.m. I checked, but it wasn't coming in from the balcony, nor from the hallway. The smoke was strongest in the bed area. My husband called the front desk to register a complaint, but hung up the phone in disgust when the woman said we would be charged for smoking. We were worried that someone might be smoking in bed in an adjacent room and be posing a safety problem. We got dressed and went to see her personally as she was obviously misunderstanding us. This motel claims online that all their spaces, public and private are non-smoking. The desk clerk still managed to handle the situation ineptly and instead of placating paying customers, continued to make us feel that it was our fault for complaining! We feel sorry for the rest of the staff who work here. They are smiling and happy to help with any request. It can't be easy working under such inept management. We will never come back to this motel and will spend our hard-earned money elsewhere!

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Patrick C
Mary Ann B, Owner at Quality Inn - Ocean Shores, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Dear Mrs. Callahan,

I have been the General Manager and Owner for the last 9+ years at the Quality Inn. We are proud to be a part of the Choice Hotels in good standing and have "high likely to recommend scores. The hotel prides itself on having dedicated team members, along with myself, providing our guest with the best in customer service and accommodations on the Coast. With that said.
I'm truly sorry if I offended you and your husband. You must understand, getting a call at 1:00AM from a male telling me in a very harsh tone, there was smell of smoke coming from the bed, floors and walls and come quick or it will be gone. I didn't know what to think of that. I don't know you personally. I simply said, cigarette smoke does not dissipate so quickly. I'm sorry, it has been from experience when someone smokes in the room the smell does not go away unless you deep clean the room, that is why we charge the guest a fee.
I told your husband that I would check the room on the 2nd floor under yours, the outside balconies, rooms next to yours and I did this right away, however, I told him I will not go into the room. The hotel has a policy to protect our team members from harm. They are never allowed to go into any guest room when they are alone. I could not find any smell of smoke anywhere. I called and told your husband this and he said it was probably gone by the time I went to check.
Mrs. Callahan, I hope you and your husband will reconsider staying with us and accept my sincerely apologies for any misunderstandings that night.