“Great ramen!”

Kizuki Ramen & Izakaya
Ranked #48 of 367 Restaurants in Olympia
Reviewed 23 January 2018

We passed this restaurant many times and were finally able to have lunch there. We were not disappointed...it is now our go-to place for ramen. My husband who is generally not impressed with much commented how perfectly cooked the noodles were. I like the variety of the menu...lots to choose from. The service is great too!

Reviewed 23 January 2018

The food and service really hit the spot on one of those blustery, chilly, rainy, and gray days WA State is notorious for in January! We started with Tkoyaki octopus balls (a nod to Robin Williams...), which were excellent: creamy, chewy, and flavorful. The bonito flakes on top really added a nice touch. We went for the Chicken Rich and the Chicken Shoyu, and both were distinct from each other and so good. The white meat chicken was perfectly cooked and flavorful, the ramen nice and chewy, and the broth something to linger over. Our server was very helpful and attentive and our food delivered quickly.

Reviewed 17 January 2018

I have enjoyed the Kuzuki Ramen & Izakaya in Northgate of Seattle, WA and was so delighted to see one even closer and easier to get to. The atmosphere is really nice as well as the service. We were there around 1pm on a Saturday and they were nicely busy. Our food was very similar to the Northgate restaurant ~ I would say Northgate is a step better but very comparable.

I highly recommend the Geso Karaage (squid) appetizer and Garlic Tonkotsu
Shoyu Ramen. Very satisfying!!

Reviewed 30 September 2017

Friends took us here based on a wonderful experience at another location. The appetizers, chicken wings and octopus, were both good. The main meals were fairly average. Two of us had the same item and the downfall was the slice of pork that was fairly inert. The rest of the bowl was pretty tasty, though. The consensus was that it was fairly middle of the road. Good service. One other problem was that the setting sun came right through a window, totally unblocked, and essentially blinded one seat at each table in the row. Probably worth another try based on experience elsewhere.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

My husband and I went to Kizuki at the end of their Happy Hour. We ordered karaage, edamame, and gyoza from their Happy Hour menu. We enjoyed the karaage most, but the others were good, too. (The gyoza was $4 for 4 small pieces...) We also ordered ramen; my husband had miso, while I ate shoyu with a hard-boiled egg (extra $1.50). I tasted his miso ramen, and thought that it was better than my shoyu. Whoever cooked the noodles has to learn how to cook ramen noodles properly. A lot of noodles were stuck together and a little too soft. Also, I would like to use disposable bamboo chopsticks instead of their plastic ones (very hard to eat ramen with those...). Room for improvement. Their service was nice and prompt though.

Been to Kizuki Ramen & Izakaya? Share your experiences!