“Great coffee, perfect space, rude baristas, stinky restroom”
Review of Burial Grounds

Burial Grounds
Ranked #6 of 9 Coffee & Tea in Olympia
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Description: Burial Grounds is a community coffee shop that offers customers the use of public computers as well as a varied menu of traditional and specialty coffee drinks. Freshly roasted beans are provided by Dino's in Olympia and tea is sourced from Mad Hat Tea in Tacoma.
Reviewed 7 July 2016

Burial Grounds fits perfectly into this dark space. It looks like they've been there forever. I love Firefly Roaster's coffee (formerly Hawthorne's)! Unfortunately, I have been treated poorly by the baristas on my last two visits. This morning, I was apparently standing in the barista's way of getting behind the counter. She was snarky about it. The visit before, this same barista (slender with blond and black hair) was also unaccommodating. Poor service and snarky baristas may be fashionable with some circle in Olympia, but I do not wish to pay for it.

There are newer reviews for Burial Grounds

Reviewed 22 June 2016

I love this cafe because of how different it is. The dark vibes are a nice change, and the coffee is very good! Love the skull latte art, such a great idea! Worth a visit if in downtown Oly!

Reviewed 20 June 2016

We make it up to Olympia a few times a year, and luckily decided to pop in here on a Saturday night. It made me feel very nostalgic - like I was back in college again. Disclaimer - if you don't like GOOD music - this place isn't for you! ;) We were warmly greeted by the staff who treated us like regulars... they were so cool! Did I mention the music? You will surely be exposed to a nice dose of Dead Kennedys, The Ramones, or Sex Pistols. Definitely good stuff. They also have edgy deco art adorning the walls - along with a few funky signs. If you like the goth/ punk scene, this place will definitely appeal to you. We'll 100% for sure be back next time we're in town... Fine Holiday Fun! Two thumbs up!

Reviewed 15 June 2016 via mobile

Decided to stop by while visiting Olympia. Friendly staff and patrons. Love the library and outdoor seating area. Coffee tasted pretty darn good. Will be back, thanks!

Reviewed 10 May 2016

I try to go here every time I'm in Olympia. Despite its goth appearance, which may intimidate some of the more delicate travelers, the staff is very accommodating, the coffee is Great and poured by Expert Baristas, and the food isn't bad either.
You can tell there are many regulars. I love the ambiance. It's a good place to blend in and people-watch, but even if you stick out like a sore thumb, like me, you can still have fun and get a great cup o' coffee here. Highly recommend.

Been to Burial Grounds? Share your experiences!