“It's gotten better”

Aya Sushi
Ranked #52 of 367 Restaurants in Olympia
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 2 March 2017

We ate here after it first opened and thought it was too expensive compared to other sushi restaurants. Now it has been taken over by one of the former sushi chefs from another local restaurant. The food was SO much better. We think this has the best sushi in the Olympia area. All of the sushi rolls were delicious. There are other menu options if you're not a sushi eater or just feel like having something different.

Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

My husband wanted to go here for lunch, I wasn't thrilled about the idea, but once inside I felt so much better. Then our food came, wow!!! This wonderful salad was only $15.99. We ordered extra fish for $2.00 or it would have been only $13.99. I couldn't eat it all. Very good place, we'll be back!

Reviewed 12 November 2016

My son and I decided to have sushi and he recommended this place. We walk in around dinner time and it wasn't too busy. We placed our order, but it took so long to get our drinks, our soup and then our dinner. The food was okay, but strike the service as it was really bad. Add to that, the miso soup was not even hot.
When we finished our dinner, the server didn't even ask if we wanted dessert and handed me the check. I signed off and when she returned, there wasn't even a receipt.
Service here is really pitiful.
This place is NOT inexpensive and the service and food should be better

Reviewed 8 October 2016 via mobile

The taste of the freshwater eel was off. This is based on a single visit, so maybe it is an isolated batch/order.

Reviewed 22 September 2016

I have tried a number of Sushi places in the Tumwater/Olympia area and have been less than impressed. Often the rolls are not tight, presentation is lacking, and they all taste alike. Not here! OMG! This is a wonderful little hideaway tucked into a strip mall, but when you walk through the doors you are transported to a very classy restaurant that looks high end. The presentation is very well done, but the taste is the best I have had in the area! We ate 3 different rolls and they were all unique in flavor and appearance. The price was very reasonable. Everything was so yummy, I want to try all kinds of items. You will have favorites, but will want to try and surprise yourself with finding new fav's! I recommend this place 100% Great service too!

Been to Aya Sushi? Share your experiences!