“Much better!”

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #145 of 367 Restaurants in Olympia
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 18 November 2017

A friend invited us out to dinner and insisted on coming to the Outback. We weren't too excited since the last time we ate here, it was horrible food (overdone, tough meat) and extremely slow service even though the restaurant wasn't full.

Well, this time was a total turnaround. Food was served hot and perfectly (including my salmon), service was great, and I found out they make fabulous MaiTai's!

The restaurant has had a remodel and it's much bigger than it looks from the outside. If the parking lot is jammed, you still probably won't have to wait long (if at all) for a table.

So we'll definitely be back again.

Reviewed 6 November 2017

Not what i was expecting of a Outback Steakhouse Restaurant, went there at night the place was not really packed. Maybe short staffed but not packed, took 10 minutes to be seated, and i was in the bar area only one server there the bartender who had to work at the bar and then walk around to take orders and then deliver your food a very long and painful process. Drinks were OK when the food finally came it was just average. IF you can go to a different place.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

I reviewed this restaurant about 6 weeks ago because I wanted to address the abysmal lunch service my husband and I had experienced. We decided to give them another try this weekend, and I'm glad we did. As always, the food was very good; but this time the service had improved, too. This was especially surprising because they were very busy. Not only did they have the usual lunchtime crowd, but they had one huge group of at least 20 people to serve as well. All things considered, they did a good job of getting us all fed, and I congratulate them on this feat.

We had only one negative experience during this lunch, but I want to mention it because it was so bizarre. While we were eating, one of the waiters came by to refill my water glass. This was nice, and I appreciated it. When he began to pour the water, however, he initially missed my glass completely and poured water onto the table next to my glass. This was not a small dribble. This was about six ounces of water. He realized what had happened, but then he just walked away. We thought he was going to get a towel, but he never returned. I had to mop up the water with my cloth napkin before it ran over the edge of the table onto my lap. Although much improved, it seems like the service at this restaurant is still a work in progress.

1  Thank froggielorraine
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

We've visited many Outback Steakhouse restaurants. The 2 prominent ones near us are in Tacoma & Olympia, WA. The phrase, "by the hand of the chef" is applicable & evident in the differences of quality & taste in these 2 locations. Olympia is by far, THE BEST Outback Steakhouse we've been to! Dishes are always well prepared, just right to order, fresh, and delicious. Can't say the same for Tacoma, or Tukwila locations. When in the mood for steak in the Olympia area, try this place! Friendly staff, quick service & mouth-watering steaks! I love the porterhouse!

Reviewed 1 July 2017

My parents took myself and my boyfriend for a late birthday and farewell dinner. This will be the last time that we will be going to this branch of Outback. The service was extremely poor, the food was over priced and myself and the others in our party all became sick from the food. I had ordered a salad to be delivered with my main dish, it was not delivered as ordered. Our server did not tell us of the specials and rushed us out when our meal was complete. We will not be going back.

2  Thank kathrine430
OutbackGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Outback Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Hello Kathrine,

We're sorry to hear about the issues you encountered. We'd like to review this further if you could please take a moment to send me an email at news@outback.com with the subject "TripAdvisor - Olympia". We can then correspond directly over email.

Amy
Outback Steakhouse

Been to Outback Steakhouse? Share your experiences!