“Worst experience at this location so far: Warning! Full menu not served until 4 PM!”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #142 of 360 Restaurants in Olympia
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 5 December 2017

This latest visit to the Olympia Outback is hands down our worst dining experience at this location.
We decided to go there to take advantage of their earlier hours (now open at Noon instead of 4 PM), but this turned out to be a huge mistake: Take warning that they do NOT serve a full menu until 4PM!
So, instead of Prime Rib and Baked Potato, I would up having to settle for their Cheeseburger and Fries…
The wife was able to get a Rib Eye early.
The sign said to seat ourselves, so we found a spot to our liking, and were quickly greeted and ordered drinks.
They came out fairly fast, then we found out that we couldn’t get what we wanted for entrees, which was a huge disappointment. Doubly so as this was a 100 mile round trip for us.
The Bloomin Onion came out shortly, and was spot on except for being a bit oily.
Unfortunately, when the entrees came out, they were only warm.
This only added to our dissatisfaction: The burger, fries, steak, and mashed potato should have been piping hot, and come out to us quickly, as the house was maybe only 15% full. There should have been no excuses for this.
The waitress was polite and came back often to check on us.
We tipped her generously, not holding her hostage for the kitchen’s mistakes.
Without alcoholic drinks, the meal came to a bit over $63. Even if our second choice entrees came out absolutely perfect, they still wouldn’t have been worth it. If I wanted just a burger and fries, I would have gone to Red Robin and had a truly spectacular burger and bottomless fries for about the same price as an Outback burger.
Had we not been so hungry, we would have pressed the issue on the meals’ problems and had them make it right.
Will we go back? Probably. Will it be sometime soon? Not a chance! And when we do, it won’t be before 4PM…

OutbackGuestServices, Manager at Outback Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

We feel terrible about your experience. We'd like to review this further if you could please take a moment to send me an email at news@outback.com with the subject "TripAdvisor - Olympia". We can then correspond directly over email.

Madeline
Outback Steakhouse

Reviewed 18 November 2017

A friend invited us out to dinner and insisted on coming to the Outback. We weren't too excited since the last time we ate here, it was horrible food (overdone, tough meat) and extremely slow service even though the restaurant wasn't full.

Well, this time was a total turnaround. Food was served hot and perfectly (including my salmon), service was great, and I found out they make fabulous MaiTai's!

The restaurant has had a remodel and it's much bigger than it looks from the outside. If the parking lot is jammed, you still probably won't have to wait long (if at all) for a table.

So we'll definitely be back again.

Reviewed 6 November 2017

Not what i was expecting of a Outback Steakhouse Restaurant, went there at night the place was not really packed. Maybe short staffed but not packed, took 10 minutes to be seated, and i was in the bar area only one server there the bartender who had to work at the bar and then walk around to take orders and then deliver your food a very long and painful process. Drinks were OK when the food finally came it was just average. IF you can go to a different place.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

I reviewed this restaurant about 6 weeks ago because I wanted to address the abysmal lunch service my husband and I had experienced. We decided to give them another try this weekend, and I'm glad we did. As always, the food was very good; but this time the service had improved, too. This was especially surprising because they were very busy. Not only did they have the usual lunchtime crowd, but they had one huge group of at least 20 people to serve as well. All things considered, they did a good job of getting us all fed, and I congratulate them on this feat.

We had only one negative experience during this lunch, but I want to mention it because it was so bizarre. While we were eating, one of the waiters came by to refill my water glass. This was nice, and I appreciated it. When he began to pour the water, however, he initially missed my glass completely and poured water onto the table next to my glass. This was not a small dribble. This was about six ounces of water. He realized what had happened, but then he just walked away. We thought he was going to get a towel, but he never returned. I had to mop up the water with my cloth napkin before it ran over the edge of the table onto my lap. Although much improved, it seems like the service at this restaurant is still a work in progress.

1  Thank froggielorraine
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

We've visited many Outback Steakhouse restaurants. The 2 prominent ones near us are in Tacoma & Olympia, WA. The phrase, "by the hand of the chef" is applicable & evident in the differences of quality & taste in these 2 locations. Olympia is by far, THE BEST Outback Steakhouse we've been to! Dishes are always well prepared, just right to order, fresh, and delicious. Can't say the same for Tacoma, or Tukwila locations. When in the mood for steak in the Olympia area, try this place! Friendly staff, quick service & mouth-watering steaks! I love the porterhouse!

Been to Outback Steakhouse? Share your experiences!