“As good as it gets in Olympia”

Lemon Grass Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 365 Restaurants in Olympia
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

I am very happy to live in Olympia; however. I would not rated it as a great town for dining. Among the Thai restaurants in Olympia, Lemon Grass is as good as it gets. I have eaten here several times a year over the past several years. In all that time they have never presented a bad meal, nor even a mediocre meal.

My favorite item on their menu is the Singapore noodles. However the menu is varied and all of the items are quite tasty. The standard of table service is also better than average for the area. Our local newspaper reports the Health Department's restaurant inspection results. So far as I can remember, Lemon Grass has never had a bad report card.

Although some of the other Thai restaurants are cheaper, it would be a stretch to describe Lemon Grass as an expensive restaurant. The dining room is pleasant in a modern - ish way.

You can do far worse and you would struggle to do better in Olympia. Lemon Grass is a good choice in this area for a Thai meal.

1  Thank David F

Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

We stopped on our way through Olympia.Good food, quiet atmosphere. Very pleasant waitress. Just what we needed!

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Always a delicious choices. I really enjoyed trying something new and ordered the coconut chicken- very good.

Reviewed 8 April 2017

Dining at the Lemon Grass is as good as it gets for Asian food. It's considered Vietnamese and there's nothing anywhere to compete with their Singapore Noodles, Heaven Beef, Rain Drop Noodles, and just about anything on the menu. Some try to avoid eating at Lemon Grass too often as it can be habit forming! Ask anyone in Olympia who enjoys eating Asian food and chances are the downtown Lemon Grass will be at the top of the list!@

Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

Found ourselves in Olympia Washington, actually at a hotel in Tumwater. This restaurant was within 7 minutes walking distance and we felt like Thai food. We both love Thai food and have lots of experience eating it. It was amazing at this restaurant! First of all a great menu, wherein almost everything has a veggie option (tofu instead of chicken, pork, beef etc etc). The Singapore noodles with Tofu were fantastic! I usually cannot eat big quantities, but I didn't want to leave any of it! Likewise with the yellow curry.

Finally, I often find it hard to get good white wine at Thai restaurants; however the wine list was, shall I say it? Sophisticated!

Been to Lemon Grass Restaurant? Share your experiences!