“Probably one of the best gourmet hamburger restaurants in the Pacific Northwest.”

The Iron Rabbit Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #16 of 373 Restaurants in Olympia
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Designed with the entire family in mind, we strive to meet and exceed guest expectations by offering the friendly and familiar with a unique and unusual twist.The fare is fresh and local. The burgers are the best in town, Natural Northwest beef hand forged and full of flavor. The root beer is made right here in the restaurant. The bar boasts rotating craft beers, from European imports to neighborhood favorites. And the desserts? There’s a reason we list them on the front of the menu.If you have dietary concerns, tell us about it and we’ll make it right. Special orders or substitutions? No problem! The way you want it is the right way.
Reviewed 3 August 2015

We used Trip Advisor to find this restaurant on our drive back to Seattle from the Rugged Maniac 5K event in Olympia on 7/25. Their burgers are different, delicious, and if delicious is not enough for you, an amazingly flavorful combination of excellent ingredients. And they have an excellent selection of local brews on tap. Only one down side ... I will have to go back to Olympia to enjoy this level of excellence ... they are not a chain and are not located in my home state.

Date of visit: July 2015

Reviewed 27 July 2015

We ate in the bar and had fantastic service! I cannot say enough about their food and drinks. Seriously, the food and drinks were so good. I highly recommend!

Date of visit: July 2015
Reviewed 25 June 2015

It's my 55th Bday and I have a tale to tell. When I first went to Iron Rabbit Restaurant & Bar​ 10 years ago, I was looking for a tasty Burrito Heaven meal, and when I saw the name change, the menu cost, and the new look, my hungry self gulped and ordered a dinner, apparently during the opening "shakedown" period. Hungry and cranky about the cost plus a 45-minute wait when only a few people were dining, I vowed never to return!...yet the food was good. Now, at 55, when my partner asked where he could buy me dinner, I thought about giving someone in Olympia a second look, with fresh eyes and an open mind. After all, they'd been in business 10 years, right? The result...Amazing. Friendly staff and flexible on my menu selection of beef cuts; well-made vegi and potato sides that didn't go cheap or easy by over-cooking in large pots; great house specialty drinks and house wines; and the best bread pudding in town (also, add a scoop of vanilla). Ricardo's May birthday was literally next door at La Petite Maison​, and mine was at Iron Rabbit. In two months of birthdays, we hit the best of Olympia's best. And I feel redeemed, in a way, by being able to vocally support another westside restaurant. Cheers. Good job Iron Rabbit !

Date of visit: June 2015
1  Thank Pavolio
Reviewed 10 June 2015

Having heard of several friends that enjoyed their experience here, my family and I ventured out for dinner. The first impression at the awkward entry/waiting area was the overwhelming odor emanating from the adjacent bathrooms. Not a very appetizing way to start a meal. The food was uninspired -- heavy and reliant on sauces. The base had no flavor itself. Sorry, but not coming back.

Date of visit: May 2015
Reviewed 23 May 2015 via mobile

It was really disappointing when I received my order of fish and chips. The fries where dry, the fish was over breaded, and the coleslaw had no flavor (tasted like cabbage with mayo.) My other family members food also arrived cold. It definitely was not worth the price. Granted the facility is beautiful and has a nice atmosphere. If the food can't impress me it's not worth any stars.

Date of visit: May 2015