All reviews the penthouse ocean shores partial view of the beach smallest room gas fireplace the cottages full kitchen would definitely stay here again beach house clam unit laundry microwave
Reviewed 1 July 2017

We stayed in the studio room and while it was adequate, there were several things that were lacking. First, there was no housekeeping service during our stay - main problem is that fresh towels were not replenished and the bed was not made up. A lamp did not work and the shower had a leak on the cold water side and would drip cold water on one's back when the shower was on and one was bent over in the shower. No closet in the room. Lots of noise from the room above that had children running and crying. The room was really old looking with paint needed on the trim since the outlets had rust spots. The good - the bed was comfortable and clean and the room was clean. The rate was okay but seemed a lot for what we received. Manager was not around when we arrived and when we needed her.

Room Tip: If you stay here, choose one of the larger rooms with full kitchen. They are in better shape and worth the extra dollars.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

Stayed here while we were riding through the area on our motorcycles. We had a larger group, so we had room 5, room 6 (pictured), and the lighthouse room. All the rooms were clean, neat, and comfortable!

The layout of the lighthouse room was a bit odd though...2 queen beds, kitchen, and bathroom. One queen bed had access to the bathroom and the other queen bed was in the kitchen. No common seating area. The person who was sleeping in the kitchen had to walk through the bedroom past the other queen bed to get to the bathroom...better be really comfortable with the people you are sharing the room with. :-) We have stayed in the beach house cottage in the past as well...love this place!!!

The guy at the front desk was awesome...friendly, attentive, and kind.

Surfhouse espresso cafe is a must when you are in the area. There are also 2 mini-marts (1 with a teriyaki restaurant) in town.

Overall, I highly recommend this Inn!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 April 2017

My husband and I stayed at the Sand Dollar Inn and Suites on our mini Washington road trip, and this place turned out to be a hidden gem.

While the small town itself doesn’t offer a lot to do, (perhaps it was the time of year) the ocean, beaches, and scenery are beautiful to behold. Hot tip: Driving on the beach in shoulder season is tons of fun!

The Inn itself was a treat! The woman working at the front desk, Laurie, was a delightful woman. She was friendly, cheerful and has a great customer-oriented attitude. We really enjoyed chatting with her, and she was nice enough not to laugh at me when I managed to trip heading up the stairs. Haha.

She showed us directly to our rooms, and made sure we were satisfied with them, which I thought was a very personal touch. The room itself was SO CLEAN. It did smell a bit of cleaner or bleach though, so if you’re sensitive to smells you might want to email them before hand and ask to leave a window open before your arrival. Didn’t bother us, and I was thrilled to see a room that was so obviously taken care of.

The beds were comfy, and the pillows were great. The room was well laid out, and I could easily see myself staying in a place like this for several nights. My only comment was that we could very easily hear the loud people above us in the penthouse suite. Thankfully they didn’t stay up too late. Rooms were a bit chilly, but did have a hearty little heater/furnace in the room.

Overall, a wonderful place for the price, and our room #5 is the one we will look for on our next trip up the Washington coast.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CourtneyTennant
Reviewed 3 October 2016

Just stayed there this past Saturday night. We stayed in room 6 and the place was spotless. My husband is a school custodian for over 28 years and he is picky where he stays...he wants clean....and the man checks odd places to see if people clean good. This placed passed the test. The bed was fine and the heat worked great. We could see the ocean from the balcony which was a plus. The only down side was the coffee pot didn't seem to work, but because my spouse and I required coffee in the morning to become human we always bring a coffee pot and coffee when we travel so it worked out well....sorry management I forgot to tell you about the coffee maker when we left.
The beach was a short walk from the motel which is a plus. There is even a little market in walking distance too. The motel is dog friendly which is a bonus. Rate are wonderful too. The staff at the hotel were so friendly and accommodating. Enjoyed our staty so much that we are planning on coming back in November with our dog.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
sanddollarinn, Manager at Sand Dollar Inn and Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2016

Thank you for your kind words. I apologize for the coffee maker. I will address it immediately. See you soon!

Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

We booked a room here on our honeymoon and the staff was very sweet. We booked a last minute reservation the day before and requested to check in early, which they were very accommodating of. However, there was not any hot water and we didn't discover this until the office was closed and we had to get on the road by 9am, so we weren't able to get them to fix it the next morning either before we took off since they don't open until 9. I took a freezing shower and my husband wasn't able to take a shower at all.. The room was decorated nicely and was clean, but was more expensive than the other Inn in town, without the ocean view and had a much smaller room. I emailed the office to let them know about the hot water and they assured me that it would be fixed before the next guest checked in, and thanked me for letting them know. A few days later, someone else emailed me and let me know they would offer me a 20% discount the next time I stay, but it's a 16 hour drive from home and I'm not sure we will ever be back in the area. I was disappointed with our stay, but it was a cute/clean cottage within walking distance to the beach

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple