“Burned Beyond Recognition”

Add it.
Buckboard Cafe
Ranked #3 of 8 Restaurants in Peshastin
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Visited 5 October 2013. Despite the signs outside the cafe that advertise a variety of food, we were told when we sat down they only had pizza, salad bar, burgers, and chicken strips. Not such a big deal - until we got the food.

Three of the four burgers were charred completely. Not just burned a little on the outside - charred totally to solid black disks or carbon. Tooth-cracking lumps of solid coal. Stupid us, we also failed to ask about prices as burger basket prices weren't on the piece of paper that had salad bar and pizza prices. We thought burgers would be cheap. Turns out that a burger with fries was $11 apiece (10.99). The four chicken strips and fries for our daughter - just over $7. Without drinks, four burgers and one chicken strip ran us nearly $60 bucks.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

I live in California and am 60 years old and am grateful that my best friend Dave took me to the Buckboard for breakfast when I was on vacation. Anyone 60 years old has eaten at enough places to know those you'll never eat ate again and those you wish you could eat and enjoy Denise's wonderful smile and conversation more often. I always make sure that Dave takes me to this wonderful out of the way eating delight.

You won't go away hungry that I can attest to. Whether it is breakfast, or Denise's wonderful meatloaf dinner, I can't tell you what a dining experience you will walk away with.

Raymond Cook

Reviewed 17 May 2013

A "real food breakfast", cooked from scratch. What a treat but ya better be hungry when you stop here. Portions are large. Super friendly atmosphere from the staff to the other diners. Don't miss this stop when you are headed to the Wenatchee Valley.

Reviewed 28 March 2012

Heads up fellow locals & tourists........... Just GET 2 EATING - SO YOU CAN BELIEVE IT! The kitchen kicks it out with the same flair as the dining room. A huge Pacific Northwest morning hit to check out. What grand synergy between kitchen, servers. and guests. Does it get better? INDEED! Be prepared to be amazed (always) by the Buckboard Cafe!

Reviewed 5 December 2011

Ate breakfast here and it is wonderful homemade food; priced very reasonable. We shared omelets for breakfast and our plates looked as if we had each ordered our own meals (large meals). The gravy is about the best I have ever tasted; next time it will be biscuits and gravy; I saw some go by our table. Chicken fried steak also great.
If you are staying in Leavenworth you can stop here on your way to Cashmere to the applet and cotlet factory. Worth the stop/good coffee too AND clean restrooms to boot!