Amber Lights B & B(Port Townsend)
US$175
US$179
Hotels.com
US$220
Aladdin Motor Inn(Port Townsend)
US$118
  • Free Internet
Fort Worden(Port Townsend)
US$188
US$167
Bishop Victorian Hotel(Port Townsend)
US$180
Swan Hotel(Port Townsend)
US$160
Old Consulate Inn(Port Townsend)
US$185
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 April 2016

The manager was quick & very helpful in responding to our inquiries. We needed a quiet location in which to rest while visiting friends in the area. We made the reservation with ease. Then we had to cancel our entire trip, due to my 87 year old mother having emergency surgery. The manager was considerate and empathetic on the phone and went out of her way to extend kindness to me at a time of great stress. We will definitely return as soon as we can. Thank you!

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank gail g
Reviewed 23 February 2016

I inquired recently about whether there were vacancies for my wife and I's 2 year anniversary next month. I emailed the lady in charge. Nothing for several days. I e-mailed again, she replied, but never told me if there were any vacancies. I emailed again. Nothing. I booked another place in Port Townsend that actually wanted my business. It's a shame because the place looks great.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
accommodations, Manager at The Big Red Barn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2016

In response to this review. He stated that I responded (with 30 mins). My response was that I was not clear what location he was inquiring about. He responded, however that response was not found on my system until I saw his review. I immediately privately emailed him and apologized. I stated in my email that he would have gotten a response that we have a guest in the unit for two weeks and listed the other properties that had availability.
I put this reviewer partially at fault also. Why did he not call when I didn't respond as quickly as I had that particularly day. If I am planning something really special and something is so important, I don't leave the follow through totally on someone else. Nor Do I post a review about someone so quickly when I don't know what may have been happening in their life that day to prevent an instance response. Were all human, I missed his email.
I did wish him a great weekend in Port Townsend, that is important to me.

Reviewed 27 January 2016

We thought this looked like a nice place for a special anniversary celebration. The person to whom we submitted our reservation (months in advance) lost our reservation information and gave our reservation to someone else!! To make matters worse...she told us it was our fault that we had failed to send her the requested information for booking our reservation. In fact, we sent exactly the information she asked for on the same day she requested it! There are those who have a calling for hospitality and service... that characteristic was absent in our experience with this individual.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TamandJoe
Reviewed 10 March 2015

We had a lovely time for a one night (in town) getaway at the Big Red Barn. The weather was perfect so we took a walk around Fort Worden State Park which is just across the street. The accommodations were larger than I expected, it's very spacious. The kitchen had everything, glad they have Wi-Fi. It's decorated so nicely, very charming. Bed was very comfortable. I would highly recommend this vacation rental for anyone who needs to "get away from it all".

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Heather T
accommodations, Manager at The Big Red Barn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2015

Hello,

Thank you for submitting such a wonderful review for The Big Red Barn! Carol Eskelin (Owner) takes special care to provide high quality items for comfort and convenience!

I agree with you, the location to Fort Worden is just a few steps away. A perfect location to take walks around the parade ground or on the beach to the lighthouse.

We were excited to add the King Size bed this last year, there are very few offered in Port Townsend.

Perhaps next time, you will bring your family - it does sleep up to four people using the comfortable queen sofa/sleeper in the living room area.

You must come again this summer, to enjoy the pond in full bloom!

Marilou Sullivan, Manager