All reviews cookies continental breakfast room was large clean rooms clearwater casino waffles hard boiled eggs hot tub nice place bainbridge island upon check suite microwave cereal washington waterfront keys
Reviewed 9 January 2018

I really had to think long and hard before I decided to write this review. I had made reservations to stay at this property on Christmas day. I called the property to cancel my reservation, because we had a snow storm and it was not safe to travel. They told me that I would have to cancel them thru booking.com. I tried to contact them but there is not a email feature on their web site. I waited to see which one of these crooks was going to charge my credit card and guess who the winner was ___ Poulsbo Inn & Suites for $103.40. I did not use this reservation because it was unsafe to travel in the snow. Shame on them!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Terri D, General Manager at Poulsbo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

When you make reservations through an online travel agent service you need to cancel your reservation through them. We cannot do this for you. We have tried in the past and it never works, they tell us to tell you to call them to cancel. If you do not cancel through them we still get charged. There is an 800 phone number on the website that you can call to do this. I am sorry for the inconvenience. You can still call them and tell them the circumstances and they may allow you to cancel, they will then call us and let us know.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

Although I would say people should stay as far on the edges as possible (we were in #16 across from the noisy heater), overall this is a good 2-star hotel. Very clean, comfy enough bed, decent wifi, and the staff is great. Cookies came with our "keys."

Room Tip: Stay away from the center rooms because the heating unit is really noisy and cycles on and off all night.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Terri D, General Manager at Poulsbo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

A very quaint Inn. The rooms are done with a rustic charm and give you a cabin-like feel. The staff is very friendly. The rooms are clean and well maintained. Will stay there again. Don't forget your cookie when you check in.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
tc719, General Manager at Poulsbo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed 2 November 2017

The Poulsbo Inn is a quaint, country-style, kind of motel-ish, inn, with decent rooms, and a central Poulsbo location. Our check-in was effortless, with a courteous desk-person. We appreciated the fresh-made cookies.

Our room was spacious clean and cozy, but dated, decor-wise. The massive AC/heater units are relatively quiet, and do a good job of maintaining a comfortable climate.

Our room was tucked way back in the corner, under some trees, so it kind of felt like we were renting a cabin in the woods. We did not have a street noise problem as some other reviewers have mentioned. In fact, it was very quiet, other than upstairs neighbors bouncing up the stairs.

Beds were comfortable and sleep-worthy, though the sheets are a bit scratchy, perhaps from over-starching in the laundry?

While the Poulsbo Inn is not the sort of establishment where you can't wait to return, it is the sort of establishment where I wouldn't mind returning for my next visit.

Room Tip: Get the far south corner of the hotel for quiet rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
tc719, General Manager at Poulsbo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and writing a review. I am disappointed that you feel it is not a place you can't wait to return to, as many of our guests say they can't wait to come back to see us. We are happy that you stayed with us this time.

Reviewed 29 October 2017

Stayed here while our daughter swam at a swim meet at the North Kitsap Community Pool. There beds were fairly comfortable and the room was laid out ok. However, the road noise is very bad - sorry to say - or I would rate it higher.

The free continental breakfast is decent. The hot tub is nice. 24 hour free coffee, tea and hot cocoa was great.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from road noise.
Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
tc719, General Manager at Poulsbo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

I am sorry the road noise bothered you. We do have rooms that are at the back of the property if you stay again please ask to be away from the road. Thank you for your review.