“Horrible food but nice place”

That's A Some Italian Ristorante
Ranked #34 of 89 Restaurants in Poulsbo
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 12 July 2017

A friend and I stopped in for a late lunch on a recent weekday. We both ordered a slice of pizza, salad, and iced tea. The place was nearly empty and the service attentive. Our tea glasses refilled before the food arrived. The salad was mediocre, the vegetables had been cut hours before and showed their age. The "slices" of pizza must have been pre-cut slices of pre-cooked dough. The kitchen put toppings on it and heated it just long enough to let the not very real, plastic cheese "melt." It arrived not all the way heated through and the coagulated cheese product slid off the top, possibly with my help. About that time the attentive staff disappeared. They must already know about the food.

Reviewed 13 June 2017

A nice Italian restaurant in a nice location with good food and great out side dining to enjoy the sunshine with good service for a large group of 12 people .Food was very good and they kept the bread coming .

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

We were hungry. Most decent food tastes even better when you're hungry. The food was decent and tasted very good. We had just asked to look at a menu and were checking the menu and the owner asked if we wanted a table. I said we haven't decided but would look at the menu. His son then asks 30 seconds later, "So are you sticking around?" I said "Maybe, if er can get a kilt more time." We decided to stay. "What can I get you trip to drink?" the son now waiting our table asks. I have water. My wife wants a glad of wine and asks, for pricing, and the young man says, "Three prices are all the same, whad'ya like?" As we area eating, he walks by and asks, "Anything wise I can get you?", but doesn't actual stop as I let him know, 'No thank you.' Oh well. Good Italian in a Scandinavian themed waterfront village.

Reviewed 29 April 2017

I regret giving this restaurant a bad review, especially since a knowledgeable friend recommended it. On entering, the wine shop is quite pretty, and the wall decor in the restaurant is nice enough. The staff seemed friendly enough, and a waiter led me to a mildly scented tangerine beer from California that was refreshing after a long day. And then, sadly, came the food, namely a veggie pizza that was far less good than Pizza Hut's standard, and perhaps even worse than the shops I would never think of eating in (hear me, Dominos and Papa Johns). This pizza seemed to have some cheese on it, though I can't be sure; the tomatoes were cold and tasteless, as were the onions and whatever other cardboard facsimiles of vegetables that may have been present. The crust seemed like a hardened piece of leather that someone had tried to soften by soaking it in water (or was it bleach? Ammonia, maybe?). I mean really, if this place wants to pretend to offer Italian quality food, it should scout out what local farms offer some good products. i realize it was spring, but surely someone could have found a decent greenhouse tomato somewhere; an outstanding restaurant would have farmers on contract to deliver the best. Poulsbo is a charming, really special town, and this restaurant really should deliver on what it seems to promise: some first-rate (or I'd settle for second-rate, really) Italian specialties. An unserendipitous experience!

Reviewed 11 February 2017

Good Italian casual restaurant in the middle of a Norwegian inspired town! Nice wineshop attached to the restaurant. Good food & service in a fun and loud atmosphere.
We (2 of us) shared the antipasto plate which had a lot of meats, cheeses and veggies - excellent. Then we had a cup of minestrone which was made right there. For a main course, we had the spaghetti & meatballs and the Pasta Puttanesca. I'm gluten free which was NOT a problem here. The puttanesca sauce was incredible.