“Pub ambiance in a larger, restaurant floor plan”
Review of J J's Fishhouse

J J's Fishhouse
Ranked #10 of 95 Restaurants in Poulsbo
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 19 October 2017

This was a really great place to go and just have a solid (not diet friendly) plate of fish and chips. Although we didn't try the beer it looks like they are going for a pub level of excellence in addition to the great food.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

So sad. This used to be one of our favorite stops. Habent been here in a few years and it really has gone downhill. Service was terrible. We stopped in on a wednesday about 1 1/2 hours before close. No IPA on the menu, waiter took pur order and disappeared. Dinner came out nearly at the same time as salad. Salmon sandwich was supposed to be on foccasia bread but was hamburger bun instead. Bland. Cod and chips was pretty good. Sauces taste like jar instead of fresh made. It wasnt very busy and staff appeared anxious to leave. Cleaning up all around us. Felt rushed. Things that should be done after closing or at least when no customers. Time to find a new favorite.

1  Thank RobnLe
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

The menu is great, plenty to choose from! Indoor and outdoor seating. Plenty to choose from, plenty of parking, many choices of beer.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

The food was amazing! We had the calamari for starters. I ordered the halibut fish and chips. My daughter the Dungeness crab cake dinner and my son in law had the salmon sandwich. All very good. Service on the other hand was not so good and for the price you pay I would expect better service. We saw our waitress when she took our drink order and brought it, when she brought our appetizer, and then our food. Then finally for a refill after the bus boy checked on us and got my daughter water. The last time we saw our waitress was when she brought us our bill never once asking if we wanted dessert. I had to ask her what the dessert options were. The hostess took our payment as our waitress was taking too long and she heard me commenting on it.

I would go back for the food but would hope service would improve.

1  Thank WandaB878
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Whether you are a local or tourist in Poulsbo, the menu is certain to appeal to most tastes. Our shrimp flatbread appetizer was tasty, clam chowder was a good balance of clams and potatoes, plus crab cake sandwich was just right. My daughter had a generous help g of steamed clams while my husband had a fish sandwiich. Good variety of beers on tap. Lucky to get a table just inside the restaurant and out of the sun where we could watch the people stroll to and from the water.