“Great place to stay for a Mt Raineir visit.”

Tayberry Victorian Cottage B&B
Ranked #4 of 4 Puyallup B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 August 2016

We had a wonderful time here. Terry the owner and host was a wonderful guy. Great conversation at breakfast. The breakfast was great. We were able to start our adventures by 9 am with a full belly and a good nights sleep. We stayed in the Queen room. It has a King size bed. Sheets were soft and pillows were good. The towels were line dried and a bit rough. A quick spin in the dryer after the line would soften that a bit. Our room had a sitting area which was nice for that morning email check or just to chill out in privacy. There was a mini fridge with bottled water and plenty of room to strore leftovers or a snack. There is a jacuzzi outside that would be nice to sit in, in the evening. This was a great alternative to staying at a local motel. We had a great stay.

Room Tip: Queen room has a king bed and is a nice suite. Wifi and tv in the room.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 August 2016

I have been to a number of B&Bs to date so I am aware of the variability of the Inns, but I was shocked after reading the positive reviews of the Tayberry. I count on reviews to be reliable. I depend on them to help me make prudent decisions about my choice of lodging. In the Tayberry I found a B&B with serious deficiencies. The linens, mattress, and other furnishings needed replacement. Curtains and bed skirt were torn and one of the two window shades was missing. The balcony was filthy. The “private” bathroom was across the hall past two other rooms, and its cleanliness was questionable at best. I felt like leaving minutes after arriving. I wanted to go down the street to the Hampton or the Holiday Inn. The two other B&Bs we booked during for our vacation were wonderful, very nice alternatives to the standard commercial lodging we also used. Innkeepers are nice people to be sure, but the Tayberry was disappointing.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank richard s
Reviewed 2 September 2015

Stayed here for four nights whilst visiting friends
We only met Don - his wife was away in Oregon, but he's a lovely man - so friendly, and he tells great stories
Breakfast is wonderful - one of the best we've had in four weeks of our road trip to date
We stayed in two different rooms - the Blue Room and the Balcony Room
The Blue Room is en-suite. With the Balcony Room, the bathroom is across the hall, and I think you may have to share it with another room if it's occupied
Both rooms are pretty quiet, but the Blue room suffers a little from creaky floorboards in the room above
The whole place is nicely decorated and clean
One slight gripe - I know people like the 4-claw bath tubs and they're more like authentic Victorian, but they need a shower curtain going all the way around them, and I hate that. I would prefer a modern shower cubicle
Don't get me wrong, this place still gets 5/5. It's lovely

Room Tip: Go for the suite - shower cubicle & no creaky floorboards
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2015

This was such a quaint place! Extremely comfortable king size bed. Our host, Don, made excellent breakfasts with yogurt & fruit, waffles & omelettes and provided us with interesting conversation. It was our last stop on a 2-week vacation of the Pacific Northwest & it was just charming!

Room Tip: Very quiet at the end of a dead end street
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Spufi10
Reviewed 17 June 2015 via mobile

Here on business and everything was booked due to the US Open being in town. So glad because we found this gem! Nestled in the hillside, minutes from restaurants and anything else, is the Tayberry Inn. Our host, Don and his family were absolutely delightful. It has all the modern conveniences (flat screen TV, with movies, great water pressure in the shower, screens on windows, plenty of outlets) and old world charm (claw foot bathtub, sitting room, stain glass window, tire swing, etc). The breakfasts are so delicious and the company is fantastic! We stayed in the Balcony room and the view was exquisite!

Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank Alisa F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Puyallup
3.0 km away
8.4 km away
Sumner Motor Inn
Sumner Motor Inn
#2 of 2 in Sumner

Been to Tayberry Victorian Cottage B&B? Share your experiences!